Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

My POS Doug Thorley Header

Old 05-21-2012, 01:42 PM   #1
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
My POS Doug Thorley Header

Well today I tried to install the header i bought for my 2011 2.7 and man oh man what a hunk of shit it is. Doug Thorley should be embarrassed for the product they sold me because 3 different parts either dont line up, or hit other parts of the motor and dont allow it to be installed. After 3 hours of messing with it and filing it down Im still left with an unusable POS header that I paid almost $500 bucks for after shipping. THANKS DT, YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!
-
Not sure what my options are after filing it down. They might say the warrenty is off. For right now Im letting it sit on mmy couch for a few days while I figure this out.
Anyone else have this issue? I have installed headers before and made minor adjustments, but this is nothing small. This is just an embarrassing product and workmanship. Period
Old 05-21-2012, 01:45 PM   #2
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Mine fit almost flawlessly, this is a surprise
Old 05-21-2012, 01:49 PM   #3
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
Mine fit almost flawlessly, this is a surprise
You know the pump on top right in the middle of the manifold? Well that hits the header, and the bolt for the pump to sit on hits the manifold where the smaller flange is coming off it. All around Im pissed off for spending most of my holiday and getting nowhere with it
Old 05-21-2012, 01:54 PM   #4
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ya the EGR...huh that's interesting, didn't have that issue at all
Old 05-21-2012, 04:35 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
Ya the EGR...huh that's interesting, didn't have that issue at all
im gonna call them tomorrow and see what they say. But it beyond a little bit off. After shaving both the ERG and the manifold some its still not good enough
Old 05-22-2012, 09:08 AM   #8
Almost there

ya I will try to find them,
Old 05-22-2012, 09:12 AM   #9
Almost there

Old 05-22-2012, 09:12 AM   #10
Almost there

best pic I got, kind of a unusual spot to get one
Old 05-22-2012, 09:16 AM   #11
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
You might just have the wrong part... Hopefully you can still swap them out depending on how much you shaved off of them. Maybe you got 1st Gen headers Have you checked the part numbers to make sure they're the right ones?
Old 05-22-2012, 09:25 AM   #14
Almost there

no idea, sorry EGR tube thingy mamober?
Old 05-23-2012, 12:03 PM   #16

So apparently its the "first they have seen" that doesn't fit and basically don't believe or take my word for it. I might have to try to install it again so I can pictures of when it doesn't fit. What a mess this uis turning out to be
Old 05-23-2012, 12:24 PM   #17
Workman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWorkman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWorkman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWorkman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWorkman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWorkman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWorkman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWorkman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWorkman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWorkman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWorkman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Workman's Tacoma Gallery
Workman has had this issue before with his POS 98 Jeep Wrangler 2.5 four banger. He ordered a header (cant remember the brand, 10 years ago) and he had to grind off multiple sections in order for it to fit. It was a big pain in Workman's ass.\

Once the header did fit and was installed, no performance gains were noticed, the noise was not good, and it was a big waste of time/money.

Workman soon after sold his Jeep, never again to buy a 4 banger Wrangler.....worst engine ever for the Jeep.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:34 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workman View Post
Workman has had this issue before with his POS 98 Jeep Wrangler 2.5 four banger. He ordered a header (cant remember the brand, 10 years ago) and he had to grind off multiple sections in order for it to fit. It was a big pain in Workman's ass.\

Once the header did fit and was installed, no performance gains were noticed, the noise was not good, and it was a big waste of time/money.

Workman soon after sold his Jeep, never again to buy a 4 banger Wrangler.....worst engine ever for the Jeep.
wouldnt surprise me if the header was a DT one. They seem to want nothing to do with this problem. Its ridiculous. Im not a complete idiot when it comes to installing a header It either fits on, or it doesnt fit on. Pretty simple
Old 05-23-2012, 04:57 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXdoer View Post
probably bad header. shit happens and u got short end of the stick. they should make it right. who knows they person making them could have made a mistake
That's what I said. I wasn't mad but then they started saying "we sell 100's of these and never had a problem" and "yours is the first I have heard that doesn't fit". I told him to go on here because about 5-10 people have had troble with the install and then didint get a response