Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

TRD Exahust Benefits?

Old 05-23-2012, 02:34 PM   #1
WE'VE LANDED ON THE MOON!
TeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Tony
TeamLombardo's Tacoma Gallery
TRD Exahust Benefits?

Aboot to purchase a TRD exahust for my '12 V6. I am looking for input so I can make up my damn mind. Been researching all over the place (internet) and have found lots of folks for and against the TRD exhaust, so I am having troubles making up my mind.
This is what I am after -
Sound: doesn't matter as long as it doesn't sound like a riced up 1990 CRX. Deep and not too loud is preferred.
Perfomance: I am looking for some performance increase, oppose to NONE at all.
Looks: As long as it's not hot garbage and rusts, then I am good.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:38 PM   #2
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Not much power to be gained, if you like the sound then I'd say it would be worth it for you.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:44 PM   #3
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadderkdawg View Post
Not much power to be gained, if you like the sound then I'd say it would be worth it for you.
X2. I have the Flowmaster dual 50 series and I actually lost a couple horses but I love the sound!
Old 05-23-2012, 08:22 PM   #4
WE'VE LANDED ON THE MOON!
TeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Tony
TeamLombardo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
X2. I have the Flowmaster dual 50 series and I actually lost a couple horses but I love the sound!
Lost horse power? Man that sucks. Well I am planning on a CAI, so maybe the 2 together will give me an increase in HP and a nice sound. Thanks for the info.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:23 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamLombardo View Post
Lost horse power? Man that sucks. Well I am planning on a CAI, so maybe the 2 together will give me an increase in HP and a nice sound. Thanks for the info.
The intake won't do anything but good luck. The roar from an actual CAI is awesome.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:25 PM   #6
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah but that was only with the Flowmaster model I have but I havent heard of any other aftermarket exhausts losing power. It was only like 2 to 3 horses that were lost. I also have a TRD CAI and it helped a good amount IMO.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:30 PM   #7
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Old 05-23-2012, 08:59 PM   #9
Banned
Quote:
Sounds goot
Old style TRD. You can use it in your truck if you relocate the smog pump. AFE makes the same exact intake but they call it the Stage 2 Si. Another option is the new Airad intake for 2005-2012 Tacos. It comes with a relocation bracket.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:06 PM   #10
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaholandho View Post
Sup whip. Glad your back.
Many: