Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Muffler delete/exhaust removal

Old 05-24-2012, 10:08 AM   #22
UNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Weston
UNDEAD1153's Tacoma Gallery
And all I have to do is hit a switch and it's "muffler-less" after?
Old 05-24-2012, 10:10 AM   #23
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Yes. More than likely you would have to visit an exhaust shop for the install on the exhaust. Run the wires to a switch yourself.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:23 AM   #26
UNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to behold

Sweet! Thanks guys! So for what I'm wanting to do ill need which one of the openers??
Old 05-24-2012, 12:19 PM   #27

And I'd really prefer something I bolt on if possible and not cut anything?
Old 05-24-2012, 12:28 PM   #28
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
It won't be bolt on.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:56 PM   #29
toon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: toon
toon714's Tacoma Gallery
^^ lol at this guy. u know everything about performance....
i wish i had ur knowledge lol
u dont know jack.
all u do is talk smack....

i got 3in QTP electric cut out on my downpipe for my turbo.
sounds awsome when its open and when u shut it my truck sounds near to stock...

OP. if u wanna see some vids let me know and ill upload some for ya.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:13 PM   #30
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by toon714 View Post
u dont know jack.

Turbo huh? Cool. Too bad the turbo changes the sound of the exhaust. OP is na. So yeah I'll let you think about that for a sec.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:16 PM   #31
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDEAD1153 View Post
So it welds on after the headers? Before the Cats? I'm wanting it to bolt on right after the stock y-pipe.
It would be right after the y-pipe to catback flange. If their is enough material on the cutout, then you could cut out a piece of the exhaust for the cut-out to fit into, and use these:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-692225/

One on either end. That way you can BOLT the exhaust back together. Cheaper than welding.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:27 PM   #32
toon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

toon714's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Turbo huh? Cool. Too bad the turbo changes the sound of the exhaust. OP is na. So yeah I'll let you think about that for a sec.
of course the turbo makes the exhaust a lil quieter.
Lol. ur a joke.
All I know u do alot of smack talking.
Where ur mod money at son? Or just broke? Lmao
Oh wait kuz u buy to much haterade. Lol
Old 05-24-2012, 01:37 PM   #34
Banned
Quote:
of course the turbo makes the exhaust a lil quieter.
Lol. ur a joke.
All I know u do alot of smack talking.
Where ur mod money at son? Or just broke? Lmao
Oh wait kuz u buy to much haterade. Lol
Sorry I don't feel the need to burn all my cash on mods to feel better about myself. Since your truck is turbo and the OPs is NA that makes for different scenarios. There is no real benefit using a cutout on a stock NA engine. There is for a turbo engine. A turbo greatly changes the exhaust note. STS rear mount kits don't use mufflers because the turbo quiets down the exhaust.

Ever hear the phrase "You don't have to be smart to be rich?"
Old 05-24-2012, 01:43 PM   #36
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario Runner View Post
Nor do you have be smart to be an ass. how about we cool it down eh?
I never said I was smart. Who is the real ass though? Certainly not the guy trying to compare wallet sizes.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:47 PM   #37

toon714's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I never said I was smart. Who is the real ass though? Certainly not the guy trying to compare wallet sizes.
I aint comparing. Just stating the truth.
Just keep drinking ur haterade.
Lol. U say a couple member on here waste money on our trucks.
How we wasting it? When were actually trying to get more companies/shops make more supporting performance mods for the 1gr. So everything isnt custom.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:49 PM   #38
SSS
oneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: SSS
oneBIGroom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
Would that work on a 1st gen?
Old 05-24-2012, 01:50 PM   #39
SSS
oneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: SSS
oneBIGroom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
u dont know jack.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:53 PM   #40
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I aint comparing. Just stating the truth.
Just keep drinking ur haterade.
Lol. U say a couple member on here waste money on our trucks.
How we wasting it? When were actually trying to get more companies/shops make more supporting performance mods for the 1gr. So everything isnt custom.
Umm, check yourself. You're the one hating on whipper. Most of his comments are constructive(In this thread at least). I think YOU need to put down the haterade