Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Muffler delete/exhaust removal

Old 05-24-2012, 01:54 PM   #41
SSS
oneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: SSS
oneBIGroom's Tacoma Gallery
......................................Back to the damn cutouts........................................... ...
Old 05-24-2012, 01:55 PM   #42
toon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: toon
toon714's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilidogrc View Post
Umm, check yourself. You're the one hating on whipper. Most of his comments are constructive(In this thread at least). I think YOU need to put down the haterade
check yourself? before u wreck yourself? lmao
lol. u havent seen his previous post in another thread.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:57 PM   #43
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by toon714 View Post
I aint comparing. Just stating the truth.
Just keep drinking ur haterade.
Lol. U say a couple member on here waste money on our trucks.
How we wasting it? When were actually trying to get more companies/shops make more supporting performance mods for the 1gr. So everything isnt custom.
I never said I hated anything. Also it is called Gatorade.

No you are comparing. Where is my mod money? It is in a savings account for a house. Why do my truck mods matter anyway?

In this case it is a waste. But I gave some tips on how to do what the OP wants. He can simply unbolt the muffler at the Y.

As for support, maybe companies don't see a potential for profit on the engine. More people mod LS engine than the 1GR. Just an example.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:57 PM   #44
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
check yourself? before u wreck yourself? lmao
lol. u havent seen his previous post in another thread.
And what does that have to do with this thread?
Old 05-24-2012, 01:58 PM   #45
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneBIGroom View Post
......................................Back to the damn cutouts........................................... ...
Yeah seriously. I will probably be the one banned for this though. Lol.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:00 PM   #46
SSS
oneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
In this case it is a waste. But I gave some tips on how to do what the OP wants. He can simply unbolt the muffler at the Y.
Could I use the cutout on my 02? If so I'd only need 1, right?
Old 05-24-2012, 02:01 PM   #47
toon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

toon714's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

No you are comparing. Where is my mod money? It is in a savings account for a house. Why do my truck mods matter anyway?

As for support, maybe companies don't see a potential for profit on the engine. More people mod LS engine than the 1GR. Just an example.
lol.than dont be putting peoples names in ur mouth.
lol so wat about ls motors.
im trying to get open a bigger market for the 1gr family.
theres lots of people wanting to do more with there 1gr motor. but there limited kuz of resources.
not everyone wants to mod a ls motor.

/end thread jack
Old 05-24-2012, 02:02 PM   #48

toon714's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Could I use the cutout on my 02? If so I'd only need 1, right?
yes u can use a cutout.
u can use it for any car/truck.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:02 PM   #49
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sorry I don't feel the need to burn all my cash on mods to feel better about myself. Since your truck is turbo and the OPs is NA that makes for different scenarios. There is no real benefit using a cutout on a stock NA engine. There is for a turbo engine. A turbo greatly changes the exhaust note. STS rear mount kits don't use mufflers because the turbo quiets down the exhaust.

Ever hear the phrase "You don't have to be smart to be rich?"
Incorrect. If you have an STS kit installed on your 4.0 Tacoma, without a muffler, it will not take long before you have a muffler installed. The turbo will marginally quiet down the exhaust, when it is at the end of the exhaust stream. It will however add to the exhaust "noise" with its own very high pitched spinning noise. That only gets louder at the rpms increase. Coupled with the "tone" of the exhaust.

Been there.

Now, as far as a cut-out goes, I would relate it to this, for the OP. First, just unbolt and pull off the catback exhaust. Drive around for a few weeks like that. It will give you a good idea of what the truck will sound like with a cut-out, before you actually buy anything.

I did it for about three months, with stock headers and stock Y-pipe. Surprisingly, it wasn't near as bad as I thought it would be. It actually sounded good, minus the extreme droning.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:04 PM   #51
Banned
Quote:
lol.than dont be putting peoples names in ur mouth.
lol so wat about ls motors.
im trying to get open a bigger market for the 1gr family.
theres lots of people wanting to do more with there 1gr motor. but there limited kuz of resources.
not everyone wants to mod a ls motor.

/end thread jack
Well good for the 1GR peeps. Just giving an example how the world works. What will make the most money? A few guys that wajt to get serious with engine A or a few hundred thousand guys that want to get serious with engine B? If Toy put it in a Sports car it would help.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:05 PM   #52
SSS

Quote:
yes u can use a cutout.
u can use it for any car/truck.
The only other problem is, what diameter would I need?
Old 05-24-2012, 02:09 PM   #53

toon714's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The only other problem is, what diameter would I need?
wat size is ur exhaust piping? 2.5 or 3in?
if u have 2.5in than get a 2.5in cutout.
unless u got 3in piping than get the 3in cutout.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:11 PM   #54
SSS

Quote:
wat size is ur exhaust piping? 2.5 or 3in?
if u have 2.5in than get a 2.5in cutout.
unless u got 3in piping than get the 3in cutout.
Stock...................... Ill go measure, haha
Old 05-24-2012, 02:13 PM   #56
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

When a lot of people listen to some along one of your previous posts, or other people who say a lot of the same thing. Such as, " That is stupid," or "that is a waste of money," or "why would you want to mod your truck to make it go faster?"

You end up with a lot of people who end up listening to those comments, and then care less about experimenting or wanting to try something. Those few negative comment have a huge domino effect, in the sense that people don't end up asking companies for a product. Companies don't see an interest, thus cannot forsee a profit. In turn, no parts.

I am not trying to single you out man, but you do have a history of jumping onto someone with comments like that, before trying to see what that person is after and giving helpful guidance.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:14 PM   #57
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Would that work on a 1st gen?
Yes they make different size from 1.25 inches to 3.00 inches just search it
Old 05-24-2012, 02:14 PM   #58

toon714's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Stock...................... Ill go measure, haha
i dont know how big the 1st gen taco piping is.
maybe 2.25? like the stock 2nd gen taco?
Old 05-24-2012, 02:15 PM   #60
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well good for the 1GR peeps. Just giving an example how the world works. What will make the most money? A few guys that wajt to get serious with engine A or a few hundred thousand guys that want to get serious with engine B? If Toy put it in a Sports car it would help.
This thread is derpness to the max