Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Muffler delete/exhaust removal

Old 05-24-2012, 02:16 PM   #61
SSS
oneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: SSS
oneBIGroom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toon714 View Post
i dont know how big the 1st gen taco piping is.
maybe 2.25? like the stock 2nd gen taco?
Okay ONE more question. If I did put on a cutout, could I run a 2nd exhaust pipe out of the cutout and put on a different muffler?
Old 05-24-2012, 02:22 PM   #62
UNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Weston
UNDEAD1153's Tacoma Gallery
What happened while I was gone??? haha any ways thanks for all of the help! I'm going to work on getting one of these installed fairly soon
Old 05-24-2012, 02:22 PM   #63
toon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: toon
toon714's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneBIGroom View Post
Okay ONE more question. If I did put on a cutout, could I run a 2nd exhaust pipe out of the cutout and put on a different muffler?
the cutout is another lil pipe kinda like a lil Y thats welded on to ur exhaust piping. and 1 of the pipe is ur cutout and it just opens and closed.
u cant put a muffler after the cutout.

remember to put the cutout before ur cats/muffler so itll get no restriction.

mine sounds nasty loud with a turbo u can hear the turbo spool up/down when its open.
but once i shut it a lil bit louder than stock. i have 2 mufflers to tone it down. 0 cats
open my cutout to gain 0 restriciton= more power
Old 05-24-2012, 02:24 PM   #64
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
I say get the cut-out, have a muffler shop install it for you and enjoy it. Who cares what everyone thinks about it. Sure its a waste of money to some people, others just don't get it. I get where you are coming from, I used to love having loud cars when I was a teenager. I also enjoyed having enough bass to shake other peoples cars. Being a menace can be a lot of fun when you are young so enjoy it while it lasts.

One thing I would suggest is just to unbolt your exhaust to make sure you really want that sound. You may just want to get an idea of what it will sound like before you spend the loot to do it

Good luck, post a video when you are done.

Edit: One thing you may also want to confirm is can you pass emissions with it on? I know you can redirect the flow back to the stock muffler, but some places look under the car and may deny you right off the bat for this.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:27 PM   #65
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
When a lot of people listen to some along one of your previous posts, or other people who say a lot of the same thing. Such as, " That is stupid," or "that is a waste of money," or "why would you want to mod your truck to make it go faster?"

You end up with a lot of people who end up listening to those comments, and then care less about experimenting or wanting to try something. Those few negative comment have a huge domino effect, in the sense that people don't end up asking companies for a product. Companies don't see an interest, thus cannot forsee a profit. In turn, no parts.

I am not trying to single you out man, but you do have a history of jumping onto someone with comments like that, before trying to see what that person is after and giving helpful guidance.
I see. People taking the internet a little too seriously. Also just because I say it is a waste doesn't stop people from purchasing mods. They do it all day. Intakes fly off the shelves every day. You yourself said this is not a performance oriented site.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:32 PM   #66
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-24-2012, 02:53 PM   #68
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toon714 View Post
mine sounds nasty loud with a turbo u can hear the turbo spool up/down when its open.
but once i shut it a lil bit louder than stock. i have 2 mufflers to tone it down. 0 cats
open my cutout to gain 0 restriciton= more power
To an extent. I have 0 cats now and I also run 2 mufflers. I would be lying if I said I had more power across the band. My truck rips at high RPM, but since I am still N/A I definitely feel the loss at lower RPM. That is something I would advise against for anyone looking to do this. If not boosted, you will feel the loss in power up until 3200 RPM or so
Old 05-24-2012, 02:54 PM   #69
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Ah. I'm trying to raise awarenesses too.

Anyway cutout talk. Happy braaaaaping.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:14 PM   #70
toon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: toon
toon714's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
To an extent. I have 0 cats now and I also run 2 mufflers. I would be lying if I said I had more power across the band. My truck rips at high RPM, but since I am still N/A I definitely feel the loss at lower RPM. That is something I would advise against for anyone looking to do this. If not boosted, you will feel the loss in power up until 3200 RPM or so
u are very right sir.
n/a will feel loss of power.
but if ur boosted ur gonna want all that exhaust air coming out fast as it can.