Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

The Str8 Sht on Exhaust

Old 05-26-2012, 09:14 PM   #1
Cheese it in there!
tacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant future

tacomafide's Tacoma Gallery
The Str8 Sht on Exhaust

Looking at other members list of mods many have exhaust. I have frigged with after market exhaust on nearly every vehicle I've owned. I like the sound. I've never done a V6. Only V8's. ( in fact I used to tease buds with exhaust on a V6)

Looked at banks monster exhaust talking bout 211% better flow from muffler alone. Ooooweeeee

Is there any valid reason why they are engineered the way they are from the factory?

Cost saving? Maybe.
Emission control? Most likely
Sound should be quiet? K.

Can't they achieve most of these things without hurting power? Specially in north America's " HP rules " type consumer.

Is there something to do with the engine performing it's best, or for the longest or something like that, that would make them decide on the exhaust that it comes with from the factory?

I can't say for sure but I'd bet these are very smart ppl. Toyota ( and everybody else) has been building engines for a while now. Prolly know what they're doing.

What the hell?
Old 05-26-2012, 09:19 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
When I pulled the stock exhaust off of my truck I found that it was mandrel bent. There is no real flow increase with an aftermarket exhaust. Well there is at top end but nothing that is advertised by the company.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:19 PM   #3
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Federal noise limitations.

And everyone ignores it, nobody enforces federal laws.
States have various standards that may be less strict than federal law, and even then, enforcement often depends on whether the nut holding the wheel passes the attitude emissions test.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:26 PM   #4
Cheese it in there!
tacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
When I pulled the stock exhaust off of my truck I found that it was mandrel bent. There is no real flow increase with an aftermarket exhaust. Well there is at top end but nothing that is advertised by the company.
Hmm

Yours was why I looked at banks and started wondering about the whole thing.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:05 PM   #5
Cheese it in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
enforcement often depends on whether the nut holding the wheel passes the attitude emissions test.
Well put!