Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Drilling muffler

Old 12-27-2008, 03:30 PM   #1
polkbassin is an unknown quantity at this point

Name: Tyler
polkbassin's Tacoma Gallery
Drilling muffler

Alright guys, I really want to make some noise with my exhaust, so is drilling holes in my muffler a good idea or should i buy a new muffler and get someone to install it for me? How much do you think it would cost to switch mufflers out? Any help is greatly appreciated
Old 12-27-2008, 03:34 PM   #2
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
i would just spend the lil bit of money and buy a dynomax muffler
Old 12-27-2008, 03:38 PM   #4

How much is a dynomax and where can i buy it? around how much would it cost for someone to install it for me?
Old 12-27-2008, 03:38 PM   #5
My Cat's breath Smells like Cat Food
Monkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
Monkeysuncle's Tacoma Gallery
No, just no. Don't drill holes in the muffler. Just do a search on mufflers. On the cheap you can cut it out and put in a cherry bomb clamp on. (I wouldn't) I think a good muffler is about $150.00 and it's a do it yourself job. Or a muffler shop could finish it up for you. I know a few mechanics that don't like it when customers bring their own parts to be installed. Call around, get some quotes if you cant do it yourself
Old 12-27-2008, 03:41 PM   #6

Thanks, i would do it myself but i dont have a welder
Old 12-27-2008, 03:41 PM   #7
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
summitracing.com for dynomax
Old 12-27-2008, 03:42 PM   #8
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
get a dynomax dude!!! you can get a dynomax muffler for around $50 or so. drilling your muffler will sound like a friggin fart can.
Old 12-27-2008, 04:07 PM   #9

ha ha tacomaman maybe i want it to sound like a fart can!
Old 12-27-2008, 04:38 PM   #10
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by polkbassin View Post
ha ha tacomaman maybe i want it to sound like a fart can!
if so.......go for it.
Old 12-27-2008, 04:43 PM   #11
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
dont friggen half ass it to get noise thats weak son..... buy a good (dynomax) muffler
Old 12-28-2008, 10:55 AM   #12
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
or you could just remove the completely and have just straight pipes running after the headers. it would eliminate back pressure, but, its your call
Old 12-28-2008, 05:04 PM   #13

alright, ill invest in a quality muffler sometime down the road, thanks for your guyses help, btw i was just kidding about drilling holes in the muffler
Old 12-28-2008, 05:39 PM   #14
Revived and BACK baby!
joedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant future

Army: Squad Automatic Rifleman, 29th Light Infantry
joedirt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by polkbassin View Post
Thanks, i would do it myself but i dont have a welder
All you need is an oxy-acetylene setup, some flux and rod to do up an exhaust. I think I paid 50 dollars for a 40 series flowmaster. It took about an hour to put in.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:07 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedirt View Post
All you need is an oxy-acetylene setup, some flux and rod to do up an exhaust. I think I paid 50 dollars for a 40 series flowmaster. It took about an hour to put in.
Dang, thats good to know, but where can i get all that stuff, and how much would it cost me?
Old 12-28-2008, 07:09 PM   #16
Taco Traitor!
TRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to behold

TRD4x4858's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRD4x4858
Buy a 50 dollar muffler and go get it welded on for another 40 bucks or so
Old 01-03-2009, 10:33 PM   #17
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
I got a Dynomax over Flowmaster and am pleased.