Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Volant Snorkel

Old 05-31-2012, 12:10 PM   #1
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Volant Snorkel

I just emailed the volant product developers to see if they can get rolling on a tacoma snorkel. The ARB safari is as far as I know our only option and I'd just like to see some competition in that market. Volant makes snorkels for FJ's AND Tundra's so I don't see why they can't make one for us. Any others interested in seeing this done? If it's like their other ones it would attach to the volant airbox so that would be a requirement.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:23 PM   #2
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Update - Volant COO emailed me back asking which models of engine and truck would be most widely sought after. I told him that the 2nd gen 4.0 liter would probably see the most sales in these. It's what I've got but I figured even without my bias that's the bulk of who's running volant's intakes.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:29 PM   #3
Specalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Specalt's Tacoma Gallery
I would like to see what they come up with.

2nd gen 4.0 for me.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:29 PM   #4
Purveyor of Fun

Dude! sick truck!
Old 05-31-2012, 08:07 PM   #5
Jetfixer
aptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adrian
aptech's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Specalt View Post
I would like to see what they come up with.

2nd gen 4.0 for me.
^^ what he said
Old 07-08-2012, 07:14 PM   #6
Tacoma convert
viperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant future
Navy: DoN civilian
viperstd's Tacoma Gallery
Ditto. 2nd gen 4.0. Would love a purpose made option instead of using the Hilux one.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:16 PM   #7
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
subd i'd get one (2nd gen 4.0)
Old 07-08-2012, 07:19 PM   #8
s10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: nick
s10nick's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to s10nick
x4
Old 07-10-2012, 08:29 AM   #9
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
a snorkel to tie into my volant CAI would be right up my ally...

4.0L for me too...already have the CAI and the ram air.

i'd even be down to be a beta tester
Old 07-10-2012, 09:09 PM   #11
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
I would be down for a snorkel that works on a supercharged 4.0.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:21 PM   #12
Punkindrublic is a glorious beacon of lightPunkindrublic is a glorious beacon of lightPunkindrublic is a glorious beacon of lightPunkindrublic is a glorious beacon of lightPunkindrublic is a glorious beacon of lightPunkindrublic is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Ryan
Punkindrublic's Tacoma Gallery
I would also be interested in a 4.0L 2nd Gen.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:41 AM   #14
Purveyor of Fun

No real update yet. Danny told me itd be months before I saw anything if they decided to go that route. I told him about this thread and that it's generating interest and there seems to be a market for it and he seemed stoked about that. So we'll see I guess. I think patience will be key in this one.
Old 08-13-2012, 12:54 PM   #15
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-14-2012, 07:59 AM   #16
Purveyor of Fun

Ditto. Last time I called they said they were in development. I must say its pretty cool to be able to bounce ideas directly off the COO. Speaks volumes about what they're all about.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:36 AM   #17
TacoTacoTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Kevin
TacoTacoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Another 2nd Gen 4.0 interest here!
Old 08-23-2012, 07:19 AM   #19
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
bump, definitely interested, 2nd gen 4.0