Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Exhaust system clips

Old 12-29-2008, 08:43 AM   #1
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Exhaust system clips

well im getting ready to re-install a new catback system on my truck. everything just bolts on to the pipe after the cats. but, i was wondering what the best way to get the exhaust system unhooked from the clips is. i know to use WD-40 to lubricate the rubber clips but how do you get them off? do i use a flatblade screwdriver to pry them off, or what. Its a New system from URD.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:50 AM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
well im getting ready to re-install a new catback system on my truck. everything just bolts on to the pipe after the cats. but, i was wondering what the best way to get the exhaust system unhooked from the clips is. i know to use WD-40 to lubricate the rubber clips but how do you get them off? do i use a flatblade screwdriver to pry them off, or what. Its a New system from URD.
use a little wd-40, then you basically just gotta pull til the rubber mounts pop off the studs. they will come off fairly easily with a little lube.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:40 AM   #3
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cool. thats probly what ill be doing next saturday when it comes in.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:48 AM   #4
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
yeh, I prefer PB Blaster, it has a little more "lube" qualities.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:06 PM   #5
Tacoma Newbie
moserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud of
moserjjx's Tacoma Gallery
worked in a meineke for years and we always used wd-40 and pushed them right off. just don't pull at a weird angle as they will rip but it takes an awful lot for that to happen
Old 12-29-2008, 02:59 PM   #6

so i should just carefully pull them off after i spray the clips??
Old 12-29-2008, 03:04 PM   #7
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dually's Tacoma Gallery
No, they are tough and can take abuse. Just rip on it! LOL

#800 bitches!
Old 12-29-2008, 03:16 PM   #8

congrats on 800 bro. yeah im gonna try and do a write up with pics if i can.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:18 PM   #9
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
So is this that Jardine system? I thought it was already installed?
Old 12-29-2008, 03:23 PM   #10

well it was, but i had bought it used. Dont know why in hell i did, but anyway, it had some issues that i didnt really like about it that the guy didnt tell me about when i bought it. the guy had apparently done a crap job putting it on his truck and screwed up the flanges for the connection. it started making this weird noise at the connection. So i did it right this time. i bought it brand new from URD and i junked the old one. Leason Learned, dont buy used performance parts.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:54 PM   #11
Tacoma Newbie
moserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud of
moserjjx's Tacoma Gallery
they should come off with no tools and some wd-40. if not, you can pry them off with a large screwdriver or pry bar but usually not necessary