Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Aero turbine

Old 03-12-2013, 10:04 PM   #221
RELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RELLIM's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to pick at the info, the magnapack is a strait through muffler with large perforated stainless steel core.
They use a stainless steel mesh for sound control. A muffler with chambers like a Gibson or a Magna flow XL would be better for low end torque.
The engine needs something to reflect the pulse wave back at it to be able to tune its self. But once you have changed the dynamics of the exhaust system or have stepped up to a S/C or turbo the pulse of the engine changes and u no longer worry about the engine seeing the muffler.

There is a article in SuperChevy magazine about mufflers and how they react to the engine.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:09 PM   #222
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
I was under the impression that the magnapack was chambered. My bad there. In that case the magnapack and the aero will function largely the same as one another in regards to exhaust scavenging. I really don't think you'll notice a difference if you switch
Old 03-13-2013, 08:09 PM   #223
RELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RELLIM's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, I really hate Blowmasters on Tacomas. <-----That is too funny, and I totally agree..

http://www.summitracing.com/search/department/exhaust
Here at Summit Racing they give you more details about the mufflers and exhaust parts that they carry. FYI

I cut the bell end off of my tail pipe about 3 in from the beginning of the bell end.
I'm wondering if the bell or expanded end of the stock tail pipe was causing the resonance. That stainless tail pipe bell end would ring like a bell if you taped with something metal, even flicking it with your finger would make it ring.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:11 PM   #224
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
is your magnapack really loud?
Old 03-13-2013, 08:12 PM   #225
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEMO CAMPOS View Post
Why the switch? Lookin for a louder set up?
yep

wanna just trade? lol my order didnt go through
Old 03-13-2013, 08:57 PM   #226
MEMO CAMPOS is on a distinguished road

MEMO CAMPOS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony250f View Post
yep

wanna just trade? lol my order didnt go through
I might just take you up on that, where you located? And how many miles on your AT? To answer your first question YES its freakin' loud! The only reason I'm inquiring on the AT muffler is due to the hype it seems like more and more guys on here on getting it. Whats your impression on it?
Old 03-14-2013, 01:56 PM   #227
2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed

2chains's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RELLIM View Post
Yes, I really hate Blowmasters on Tacomas. <-----That is too funny, and I totally agree..

http://www.summitracing.com/search/department/exhaust
Here at Summit Racing they give you more details about the mufflers and exhaust parts that they carry. FYI

I cut the bell end off of my tail pipe about 3 in from the beginning of the bell end.
I'm wondering if the bell or expanded end of the stock tail pipe was causing the resonance. That stainless tail pipe bell end would ring like a bell if you taped with something metal, even flicking it with your finger would make it ring.
How are you finding the sound after cutting? I'm thinking of a dremel to cut the tip...
Old 03-14-2013, 02:22 PM   #228

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEMO CAMPOS View Post
I might just take you up on that, where you located? And how many miles on your AT? To answer your first question YES its freakin' loud! The only reason I'm inquiring on the AT muffler is due to the hype it seems like more and more guys on here on getting it. Whats your impression on it?
im in santa barbara....i love it but being 18...i like loud haha, definately didnt loose any power...like 25k ...ill pm you a pic after work.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:54 PM   #229

RELLIM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2chains View Post
How are you finding the sound after cutting? I'm thinking of a dremel to cut the tip...
It sounds much better, its still loud but not to the point of driving me crazy.

I've got at a areo resonater in front of my AT. Depending on how much drown you can tolerate, ya might want one of those magnapack's in front of the AT.

If you have access to a sawsall which is a reciprocating blade, it may be a easier way to cut the bell end off. Dremels are great for small job's but something like this may burn your dremel up. But if you do try with the dremel, have plenty of discs for stainless steal cutting.
Be careful those dremel are pretty crazy at high speeds. Good luck.

Its time for Jameson and Red Bull oh can't wait for the Irish car bomb...woot woot!
Old 03-16-2013, 07:42 AM   #230
2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed

2chains's Tacoma Gallery
^^ ok, thanks for your help! The Jameson and Red Bull...not sure if i'll give it a go,lol
Old 03-27-2013, 12:44 PM   #231
Rylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedRylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedRylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedRylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedRylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedRylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedRylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedRylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedRylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedRylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedRylee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rylee
Rylee's Tacoma Gallery
so whats louder?

aero turbine 2525 or magnaflow offroad race exhaust ?
Old 03-27-2013, 02:52 PM   #232

RELLIM's Tacoma Gallery
Depends...do ya want a smooth or raspy sound?
Anything that has packing is smooth sounding, the aero is has no packing.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:59 PM   #233

RELLIM's Tacoma Gallery
I put a 3.5 x 12in ss tip on my tail pipe.
It made a big difference in sound. It smoothed the sound out and cut out a lot of the interior resonation.
Ir was a bit surprizing, but needed.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:18 PM   #235
silverbulet93 is on a distinguished road
Name: Tyler
silverbulet93's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

Hey where's a good place to order an aero turbine from?
Old 07-05-2013, 08:19 PM   #236
gainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Radio Man
gainman's Tacoma Gallery
The Internet
Old 07-05-2013, 09:18 PM   #237
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RELLIM View Post
Sorry to pick at the info, the magnapack is a strait through muffler with large perforated stainless steel core.
They use a stainless steel mesh for sound control. A muffler with chambers like a Gibson or a Magna flow XL would be better for low end torque.
The engine needs something to reflect the pulse wave back at it to be able to tune its self. But once you have changed the dynamics of the exhaust system or have stepped up to a S/C or turbo the pulse of the engine changes and u no longer worry about the engine seeing the muffler.

There is a article in SuperChevy magazine about mufflers and how they react to the engine.
You're absolutely right.
I learned what you said by personal experience when I put a Magnaflow on my 2.7 and it lost some low end torque, It was a straight through model.

So I put the stock muffler back on. It's not worth losing low end torque just to gain sound. It also resonated at 2,000 which is where I run the engine all the time. After a while it got on my nerves.
Old 01-26-2014, 08:50 PM   #239
rookie
ryan c is on a distinguished road

Name: ryan
ryan c's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered an AT2525 from ebay. Should have it installed by Friday. I went with the 2525 instead of the XL cause Some of the sound clips of the XL sounded iffy. I know itll probably be too loud but this way I can play around with different resonators to get the right sound. More expensive but I don't want to do this again. I have a spintech and hate it.