Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Aero turbine

Old 06-04-2012, 04:12 PM   #41
Super Taco24 is on a distinguished road

Super Taco24's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2012 pre runner and was thinking of getting a dual flowmaster...but now I came across this and confused.

I wanted to get a nice loud sound, flowmaster's are pricey even on ebay. With the Aero Turbine would I need to change the original exhaust pipe...I was planning on cutting off factory resonator and cat.

Would that be smart with an Aero Turbine and the turn down can i keep it factory behind the axle or would that make it quieter?
Old 06-04-2012, 04:21 PM   #42
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
yes, you will need to cut off your stock muffler and have the aerotubine welded on ($30 at most muffler shops).

I do not recommend removing any of the stock factory cats.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:22 PM   #43

Yea the stock muffler goes but all the other piping can stay, can the turn out be left in the stock location?

Any specific reason behind not removing the cats?
Old 06-04-2012, 04:24 PM   #44
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Taco24 View Post
Yea the stock muffler goes but all the other piping can stay, can the turn out be left in the stock location?

Any specific reason behind not removing the cats?
you can weld the stock turn out back on but most people I know turn down the exhaust before the axle as the axle can kink the exhaust pipe when off roading.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:27 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
you can weld the stock turn out back on but most people I know turn down the exhaust before the axle as the axle can kink the exhaust pipe when off roading.
I have a 2wd and I learned my lesson of a 2wd off road lol

Is cutting off the cats that bad?
Old 06-04-2012, 04:30 PM   #46
HIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Angel
HIYota's Tacoma Gallery
Won't removing the cats make a code pop up? I got the 2525XL cutoff before the axle. I love how it sounds. Even the wife does and she doesn't like loud exhaust at all. I'm sure her opinion will change once I get headers.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:40 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIYota View Post
Won't removing the cats make a code pop up? I got the 2525XL cutoff before the axle. I love how it sounds. Even the wife does and she doesn't like loud exhaust at all. I'm sure her opinion will change once I get headers.
Found it idk how well this works or if it should be used
http://www.carid.com/universal-exhau...Fc6R7Qodxh6x7g
Old 06-04-2012, 04:56 PM   #48
Relik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Eddy
Relik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIYota View Post
How is it on the highway? I do like the stock quiet exhaust, but I'd like a lil sound in the streets but nice and quiet on highway. I remember when I removed my muffler from prev car many years ago and straight piped it...man it was annoying...even hard to have convo on highway lol...
Old 06-04-2012, 05:02 PM   #49
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DriverSound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relik View Post
How is it on the highway? I do like the stock quiet exhaust, but I'd like a lil sound in the streets but nice and quiet on highway. I remember when I removed my muffler from prev car many years ago and straight piped it...man it was annoying...even hard to have convo on highway lol...
If you like the quite stock exhaust stay away from this muffler as it is not quiet though for a little sound Magnaflow is probably what you'd want. We have it on another truck and it's louder than stock but quiet compared to Aero turbine/SpinTech/flowmaster.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:13 PM   #50

Would there be any advantage of having a flowmaster cat back to the aero turbine?
Old 06-04-2012, 05:16 PM   #51
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Quote:
Would there be any advantage of having a flowmaster cat back to the aero turbine?
flowmaster is chambered so more exhaust restriction
Old 06-04-2012, 05:20 PM   #52
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
None.

And to answer a previous question... I have all 4 of my cats removed and also now have DTLT headers. Removing the cats will definitely make you louder and add more rasp into the equation. If you are just looking for a little different sound, leave the cats on. My backpressure in this truck is now nil, so my low end power suffers
Old 06-04-2012, 06:02 PM   #55
sharksfan27 is on a distinguished road
Name: Alex
sharksfan27's Tacoma Gallery
How much louder is the 2525 from the 2525xl. I want it loud and I want it to rumble. And how bad is the droning?
Old 06-04-2012, 06:07 PM   #56
HIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Angel
HIYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relik View Post
I couldn't give you a clear answer for highway but I hear my KM2s more than I hear my exhaust.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:10 PM   #57
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan27 View Post
How much louder is the 2525 from the 2525xl. I want it loud and I want it to rumble. And how bad is the droning?
Not resonated in this vid. Just the 2525

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVUHd...ure=plpp_video
Old 06-04-2012, 06:38 PM   #58
JDK12688 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jay
JDK12688's Tacoma Gallery
I am thinking about doing this also. I am going to order the 2525XL off of eBay. From what I have gathered best thing to do is leave everything stock and turn down before axle. What is the perks to leaving the pipe come out the side and putting a tip on it? If any??
Old 06-04-2012, 07:18 PM   #59
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
Not resonated in this vid. Just the 2525

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVUHd...ure=plpp_video
That sounded pretty damn good dude. Good for loud. But I completely agree. After some time, that loud of exhaust would wear you down.

I originally bought the AT3030, when I was doing my exhaust. Non Resonated. I never installed it because Toon picked it up from me. He installed it with the 3" Vibrant resonator. It sounded good, but was still loud.

I ended up going with the AT3535XL. Half inch larger diameter, resonated, with the 3.5" Vibrant resonator. It was much quiter than the non resonated AT3030.

My vote is hands down the Resonated (XL) version.

Here is mine:

Old 06-04-2012, 07:30 PM   #60
Vivid Illumination

Thanks Tor! I need to make new ones. My truck doesn't sound much like that anymore . Much angrier. Gonna have to make new ones before I go S/C