2 brand exhaust mod?

Old 06-04-2012, 08:26 PM   #1
Survive.
VernonSC is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Name: JV
VernonSC's Tacoma Gallery
2 brand exhaust mod?

alright so I have major exhaust leaks and i've been researching a lot and asking all my southern friends and i narrowed it down to 3 brands - CHERRY BOMB, MAGNAFLOW, & FLOWMASTER

i found a steal on a cherrybomb y-split with 45's that i used to have:
Cherry Bomb 300674 VORTEX KIT, but I may just stick to a regular catback from magnaflow

and i was wondering if i didn't like the sound of the magnaflow (if i decide to go with it), would it be possible to maybe switch the muffler with a flowmaster super 44?

and does anyone know the difference in sounds/performance between the 3?
Old 06-04-2012, 08:32 PM   #2
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Magnaflow sounds good, cherry bomb is a NO for all vehicles and flow master is better on V8s IMO.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:32 PM   #3
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
aero 2525
Old 06-04-2012, 08:39 PM   #4
Survive.

Air Force:
so go magnaflow with an aero2525 muffler?
whats the difference in sound between the origianl muffler and the aero?
Old 06-04-2012, 08:40 PM   #5
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
if you do an aero muffler just get it welded into factory pipes....
Old 06-05-2012, 07:00 PM   #8
KaeserTRD is on a distinguished road

Name: Kyle
KaeserTRD's Tacoma Gallery
This is an awesome muffler, it has a great sound and it will not drone on the highway. It will probably make a little more power than the rest you have listed.......and last longer.

http://www.jegs.com/p/Hooker-Headers...44863/10002/-1
Old 06-06-2012, 05:41 AM   #9
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=KaeserTRD;5196549]This is an awesome muffler, it has a great sound and it will not drone on the highway. It will probably make a little more power than the rest you have listed.......and last longer.

http://www.jegs.com/p/Hooker-Headers.../-1[/QUOTE]

This is essentially a Flowmaster-like construction (chambered muffler). As such I would expect it to perform pretty much the same.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:40 AM   #11
KaeserTRD is on a distinguished road

Name: Kyle
KaeserTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Hooker Aero's dont have the maze of backpressure producing baffles in them, they are a straight through design (you can see all of the way through it). They have a good tone yet at the same time arent obnoxious sounding like Flowmasters. The Hookers are made out of thicker gauge material and won't fall apart in 5 years either. I have heard of many complaints about how the baffles come apart in the Flowmasters and bounce around inside making an annoying noise.

It's all personal preference. I personally have tried both and and going to stick with the Hooker Aero.

Good luck with your choice!
Old 06-07-2012, 12:36 PM   #12
Survive.

Air Force:
For now im going to stick with the an original exhaust kit for 2 weeks until I get paid again and do more research on mufflers. But I like the feedback! I do like the sound of a flowmaster super 44, but ill def check out the turbine and hooker