LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

"Automatic" - "Standard" - or " Semi-Automatic"

View Poll Results: Which would you prefer "Automatic" "Standard" "Semi-Automatic"
Automatic 39 43.82%
Standard 37 41.57%
Semi-Automatic 18 20.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-29-2008, 09:39 PM   #1
Bernardo Romero is on a distinguished road
Location: Huntington Park, CA near LA but i work in San Diego
Bernardo Romero's Tacoma Gallery
"Automatic" - "Standard" - or " Semi-Automatic"

This is something that i have gone over my head many times , why is it that the tundra gets a semi-automatic but tacoma doesnt wouldnt that be awesome.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:43 PM   #2
Bernardo Romero is on a distinguished road
Location: Huntington Park, CA near LA but i work in San Diego
Bernardo Romero's Tacoma Gallery
Does any one have it if it does exist, id like to seeee it and also a all wheel drive Tacoma ive seen the emblem AWD on someones Tacoma does it exist?
Old 12-29-2008, 09:53 PM   #3
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
No, an AWD Taco doesn't exist unless s/he put on one aftermarket.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:56 PM   #5
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW, and what are you talking about?
Old 01-08-2009, 01:00 PM   #6
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernardo Romero View Post
This is something that i have gone over my head many times , why is it that the tundra gets a semi-automatic but tacoma doesnt wouldnt that be awesome.
You mean sequential shifter, like the BMW's and some Chrysler's???
Old 01-08-2009, 01:01 PM   #7
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxspin72 View Post
You mean sequential shifter, like the BMW's and some Chrysler's???
that would be fun. I guess he means a shifter without the clutch.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:12 PM   #8
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
An "autostick" is the only thing I miss from my Altima. Wish Toyota would "get on the stick" with that.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:33 PM   #9
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Pure auto for this truck. I don't like the 'auto-stick' cars. When I rent them, I play with it for a little bit, but then just put it in D and keep going...

maybe I'm lazy... but my DD is MT.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:28 PM   #10
Just playin' on the runways
MT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of lightMT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of lightMT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of lightMT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of lightMT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of lightMT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of light

Army: SPC(CA), Installation Support Command JFTB Los Alamitos, California State Military Reserve
Name: Clint
MT_mudflaps's Tacoma Gallery
Some of our customers cars (BMW's, Mercedes, Maseratis) have that stuff -- I hear ya Delmarva, I'll play with the system on the way back to their hangar, but I find it pretty pointless!
Old 02-24-2009, 07:56 PM   #11
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
Pure auto for this truck. I don't like the 'auto-stick' cars. When I rent them, I play with it for a little bit, but then just put it in D and keep going...

maybe I'm lazy... but my DD is MT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MT_mudflaps View Post
Some of our customers cars (BMW's, Mercedes, Maseratis) have that stuff -- I hear ya Delmarva, I'll play with the system on the way back to their hangar, but I find it pretty pointless!
Yup... If you want to shift, nothing beats a Manual Trans. I've had the op to drive a BMW with the steering wheel shifting thingy... Not sure what its called,,, It was cool, but not as fun as a stick shift
Old 02-25-2009, 06:21 AM   #12
tdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the rough

tdm156's Tacoma Gallery
We have a MINI with the flappy paddles on the wheel and they are ok once you get used to them and its rather quick....Just depends on the ride...not so sure that I would go for the paddles on the Taco or not.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:15 PM   #13
CheesyBeefyTaco is on a distinguished road
CheesyBeefyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
We dont need to stinkin auto-matics
Old 04-11-2009, 03:52 PM   #14
Sir Anal Loin of Beef
Dcrooks84 has a spectacular aura aboutDcrooks84 has a spectacular aura about

Dcrooks84's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Dcrooks84
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxspin72 View Post
the steering wheel shifting thingy... Not sure what its called,,,
I don't like the flappy paddle gear boxes, most of the manumatics that are put into cars are junk. Transition from gear to gear is hesitant and snappy, too much bad can come from this. Some of the higher end vehicles that have them have almost perfected this but there is still some pretty good hesitation. I guess the way I'm looking at it is from a shift time perspective, the automatic transmission in the 2009 Nissan GTR in "R" mode has a shift time of 0.2 seconds, no person or flappy paddle gear box can claim that!
Old 12-20-2009, 02:00 PM   #15
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD View Post
I read a review some time ago , it was a long term road test and the reviewer was testing a V6 automatic. He mentioned in the review that he started Manually shifting the Auto tranny , to get a sportier feel out of the truck.
Is this safe to do, or wil it be hard on the tranny, my initial thought is that shifting up might not be so bad but downshifting probably wouldn't be real good for it. any thoughts?
I personally wouldn't recommend it. If you feel the need to shift get a stick.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:05 PM   #16
rme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Helicopter pilot still serving
rme's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernardo Romero View Post
Somebody please help educate me....what do you mean by semi-automatic? Not sure what a semi automatic is!
Old 12-20-2009, 02:06 PM   #17
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
"Semi-auto" is fun to play with but not something that bugs me if I had it or not.