LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

JBA long tubes leaking at y pipe

Old 06-12-2012, 08:04 AM   #1
TheHansen is on a distinguished road

TheHansen's Tacoma Gallery
JBA long tubes leaking at y pipe

SO no matter what i try i can't seem to get these headers to stay leak free for any length of time. The inner diameter of the JBA headers appear to be about 1/4 in larger than the stock headers. I keep burning up the gaskets i put in there.

I'm a little stuck. I emailed JBA, and i have sent an email to urd (where i purchased the headers).

Now, Can anyone help me with how to go about getting a new flange that matches the jba flange that i can get welded onto my y pipe.

I'm happy with the performance gain i got from the headers, so i really don't want to have to give up on them if i can't get this leak figured out.

I appreciate any suggestions that anyone has. i'll try just about anything
Old 06-12-2012, 11:32 AM   #2
Darthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Darthyota's Tacoma Gallery
get a shop to cut off the stock style flanges and weld in some v-bands in their place and they wont ever leak agin and no gaskets required
Old 06-14-2012, 02:46 PM   #4

I went to my local exhaust shop, and they told me to call jba and get a matching flange to get welded on.

I used the gaskets that came with the headers. they are the same as the stock one, but a slightly larger diameter.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:53 PM   #5
Night is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Night's Tacoma Gallery
I would go with the V-Bands for a long term solution.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:03 AM   #7
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHansen View Post
Ok, it seem the v bands are a popular choice.

I have never heard of them, can someone exlain how they would be installed? Would it require cutting off the flange on the header?
Here is a link to V-band flanges. For the header to y-pipe connection, you will need the 2.25" diameter v-band flanges.

http://www.dezod.com/pd_stainless_steel_vband.cfm Tell Paul that Torspd sent you, if you decide to go that route.

They will be $74 for each flange assembly. The assembly is one male, one female, and a clamp.

They will have to be welded in. I can post up some pics of mine, in a short while.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:36 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
Here is a link to V-band flanges. For the header to y-pipe connection, you will need the 2.25" diameter v-band flanges.

http://www.dezod.com/pd_stainless_steel_vband.cfm Tell Paul that Torspd sent you, if you decide to go that route.

They will be $74 for each flange assembly. The assembly is one male, one female, and a clamp.

They will have to be welded in. I can post up some pics of mine, in a short while.
Wow, thanks for all the help! I think think i am going to go that route, I'm ready for the leak to be gone once and for all.

Products Discussed in this Thread