Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Doug Thorley Short Tube Header DYNO!

Old 06-20-2012, 12:11 PM   #21
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gus
TacomaGus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
Nice! I felt an increase in the top end thanks to my Long Tubes. Too bad I put them on the same time as my lift and big ass tires so I never got to feel the increase on a stock truck's performance.
ya i only have 32's but they still did some damage performance wise. Can't wait to get the short tubes and maf cal installed to really feel some power and hopefully wake up my intake and muffler (at 2525) some more
Old 06-22-2012, 01:04 PM   #22
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

still ended up going with the long tubes. Found a guy on XRU who was letting his JBA LT go for $250 , never installed. Hit up gadget and got the rear o2 sim and gaskets. All comes out to $420 shipped.
Old 06-22-2012, 03:25 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
That is a hell of a deal! Lucky you man. If I was still paying on my engine build, I would have snagged those up.
i know right haha. idk when i will get them, but no rush. Will be updating on here and XRU with the results
Old 06-26-2012, 12:01 PM   #26
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
I know the OP went with some LTs, but the other factor in ST or LT decision is that the 09+ stock exhaust manifold was redone a bit going from a log to more of a tube manifold. I "have read" that the 09+ manifold flows better then the pre-09, but not sure how that affects the ST/LT dyno pulls. I would assume that the deltas in the curves is less, but definitely not sure by how much.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:29 AM   #27
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
tempted to get some shorties if there was another GB offered and see the difference!
Old 08-01-2012, 12:58 PM   #28
Large Breast Enthusiast
GEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
GEORGE STRAIT's Tacoma Gallery
How much does a 5 pound increase in torque translate to an increase in towing capacity?
Old 08-01-2012, 12:59 PM   #29
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEORGE STRAIT View Post
How much does a 5 pound increase in torque translate to an increase in towing capacity?
Any increase of power or torque will not increase towing capacity.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:12 PM   #31

just get the long tube's. You DO NOT feel the low end loss with a stock y-pipe. My area (SW PA and WV) is literally all hills, curves, and shit roads and I def have more power to climb these hills now, even in higher gears, than I did before.

Also after you pay for the install of the short tubes their the same price. Unless you get the stock manifolds off yourself and take it to a shop to be welded, but then if you ever have a leak, you gotta take them off again to get touched up since its prob unwise to weld with the sensors in there