Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Where can i get another engine

Old 06-14-2012, 09:54 AM   #1
Backwoods legit, don't take no shit!
BackwoodsTaco is a name known to allBackwoodsTaco is a name known to allBackwoodsTaco is a name known to allBackwoodsTaco is a name known to allBackwoodsTaco is a name known to allBackwoodsTaco is a name known to all

Firefighter: Stokes Vol. Fire Department, Station 23
Name: Paul
BackwoodsTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Where can i get another engine

Last week I cracked two piston in my V6 and i want to swap it out. I don't know how much damage I did so I just want to get another one so I can hurry up and get it back on the road and the one thats messed up can be a project and maybe a future write on rebulding a V6. But I was just wanting to know where would be a good place to start looking. It's only be a week and I'm stuck driving my father in laws 97 ford ranger and i really miss my truck
Old 06-18-2012, 04:16 AM   #2
Burritos Taco is a glorious beacon of lightBurritos Taco is a glorious beacon of lightBurritos Taco is a glorious beacon of lightBurritos Taco is a glorious beacon of lightBurritos Taco is a glorious beacon of light
Burritos Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I would try craigslist or auto auctions. If you were lucky you could find one (whole truck) that was totaled from the rear.

Junk yards will usually sell you a motor pretty cheap, and they sometimes have some that are already pulled, depends on the place. I wouldn't know how to tell if it was good though.

That is where I would start.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:08 AM   #3
jbrenn is a jewel in the roughjbrenn is a jewel in the roughjbrenn is a jewel in the roughjbrenn is a jewel in the rough
jbrenn's Tacoma Gallery
car-part.com shows a plus autosalvage in madien nc has one for $1200 with 125k
Old 06-18-2012, 09:28 AM   #5
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
You can buy just pistons at LC Engineering
Old 06-18-2012, 11:50 AM   #6
Backwoods legit, don't take no shit!
BackwoodsTaco is a name known to allBackwoodsTaco is a name known to allBackwoodsTaco is a name known to allBackwoodsTaco is a name known to allBackwoodsTaco is a name known to allBackwoodsTaco is a name known to all

Firefighter: Stokes Vol. Fire Department, Station 23
Name: Paul
BackwoodsTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks fellas, took it to a shop this morning so they can tell me what exaclly is wrong with it
Old 06-18-2012, 10:24 PM   #7
koco is on a distinguished road

koco's Tacoma Gallery
www.engineworldusa.com