Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Dynomax Bullet

Old 07-25-2007, 11:01 PM   #1
TacomaTRD is on a distinguished road
TacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Dynomax Bullet

Greetings everyone,
Im a newb on here and recently took ownership to an 02 double cab tacoma with the 3.4L V6 and Im looking to replace the exhaust with the most aggressive and deepest sounding muffler I can find and I want it to be LOUD. For those that didnt catch my earlier post, I used to own an 03 v6 mustang with flowmasters and it had a nice rumble to it for a v6 but I want something louder and more aggressive and really dont wanna go the flowmaster route again. Ive been doing some research online and came across this dynomax bullet racing muffler. From what I see, it looks to be a completely straight through muffler and probably the loudest I can possibly get the truck with having a muffler on there (which I do want to have) Has anyone had any experience with this muffler on a tacoma before? I plan on putting a turndown before the rear axle to give it that echoing effect and make it deeper but Id like some opinions first. As far as interior resonance goes, Id like to be able to hear it well on both the inside and outside because it doesnt bother me one bit but the only thing Im afraid of with this muffler is it will make a ricer sound on a v6 and i dont want my truck to sound like a civic
Old 08-06-2007, 04:17 PM   #2
Lee's06Taco is on a distinguished road

Lee's06Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I'm thinking that it will not sound like a civic becuz of the v6 power.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:37 PM   #3
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
The Flowmaster 40 series muffler seems to be pretty loud from what other folks say.
Old 08-12-2007, 12:11 PM   #4
Mudbug is on a distinguished road

Mudbug's Tacoma Gallery
No muffler at all does not necessarily mean its going to be louder. No muffler at all also sounds like shit.

Look at teh borla xr-1.