Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Best gas for clean long lasting engine

Old 06-18-2012, 05:12 PM   #1
tacomas28 is on a distinguished road
tacomas28's Tacoma Gallery
Best gas for clean long lasting engine

Simple what gas is the best for a Tacoma depending on octane brand if that matters such as shell nitrogen enriched what will make my tacoma run the longest
Old 06-18-2012, 05:33 PM   #2
misterdmac is on a distinguished road

Name: Doostin
misterdmac's Tacoma Gallery
My best uneducated guess is that all those "v-power" and "nitrogen enriched" and boost blah blah are all pretty much gimmicks, and that there are way more gas station franchises than refining companies that distribute gas. Meaning the filling stations get it off the same trucks.

Is it honestly practical for you to get the same gas all the time? I would say as long as the 87 you're putting in is fresh you're gonna be just fine.

Worry more about changing your oil and air filter on time. Get all your scheduled maintenance and a Toyota will be as reliable and long-lived as they come.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:34 PM   #3
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
ethanol free.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:38 PM   #5
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
The atmosphere is 78 percent nitrogen so you are getting plenty of this inert gas through your air intake. It will happily mix with your fuel in the combustion chamber. No need to pick it up at Shell. Unless you want to help them pay their marketing bill.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:38 PM   #6
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
ethanol free.
True. Wish I could get it.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:14 PM   #7
Schwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jamie
Schwinn's Tacoma Gallery
Watched a news magazine show that had a segment on gas once, and they said that the gas was all the same, then showed several different gas tanks with different names all filling up from the same filling station. Not sure what to think, but I haven't noticed a difference between different stations...

EXCEPT when it comes to independents. I used to pass one every day on my way to my old office that was always at least .03/L cheaper than everywhere else. So, I stopped and filled my Mustang (with premium,no less, as I had reprogrammed it). After the third or fourth tank, I started getting run on. It got so bad, that one day I shut the car off, and had was actually out the door before it finally stopped. At first, I thought there was something wrong with the car, and then decided to try a different station first. It took about 4 or 5 tanks, but finally it went back to normal.

Most times gas trucks do not empty their tanks completely, because all the crap, sludge and water settles at the bottom. What some stations will do is buy the crappy bottom of the tank gas at a discount, and then sell it for cheaper than everyone else. Some cars it bothers, some it doesn't, depending on a few factors. Me? I just don't take the chance any more. I tend to avoid the independents now, just for my own piece of mind.