ATTENTION ALL GEAR HEADS!

Old 06-20-2012, 02:57 PM   #1
TMASS has a spectacular aura aboutTMASS has a spectacular aura about

Navy: Prior 2nd Class Petty Office(EO2) with the Navy Seabee's
Name: T-MASS
TMASS's Tacoma Gallery
ATTENTION ALL GEAR HEADS!

Ok Gentleman,

I'll get straight to the point. I have a 2008 4.0l V6 six speed manual Tacoma. I'm currently running 33" Duratracs with a 3" Icon lift. I also have CBI's Bushmaster 2.0 rear bumper with the swing away tire carrier and jerry can holder(Two cans). I also have CBI's Bolt on Rock Sliders. Both rock sliders together weigh about 80lbs. The bumper with the tire and two full jerry cans weighs close to 200lbs. I've been running with this setup for almost a year now and I haven't noticed too much lag or drop in power. The reason for this email is because I'm about to add a front plate bumper w/winch that will weigh close to 200lbs as well(Which will be a total of almost 500lbs extra.)

My question is will I need to change my gearing? I'm currently running with the 4.11 Ring & Pinion setup. Will I need to move to the 4.56 or 4.88? Any information will be greatly appriciated.

p.s. I recently had a local dealership replace my throw out bearing under warranty. Makes me wonder if all this extra weight helped speed up the process.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:09 PM   #2
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
If you tow...maybe. I've got 3.73s and 35s. I don't find it too bad other than horrible milsge.