Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Performance tune

Old 06-25-2012, 11:51 PM   #21
Tarpon24 is on a distinguished road

Name: Frankie
Tarpon24's Tacoma Gallery
Their only 31.5 lbs. with nitto terra grapplers.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:43 AM   #22
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarpon24 View Post
Yea I looked it up I have the 33'S but my truck doesn't perform any worse still excellerates fine and everything guess I'll just have to take the crap mileage or just trade it in. Just don't know how a v6 can get 11 to low 11 mpg on only 33's just can't fathom that.
I was thinking this morning on the way to work. Try disconnecting your battery for a good 30 minutes.

Then reconnect it. At that point, drive around taking it easy on everywhere you go. The ECU will learn a new "driving style" of yours. It might help.

Also, being that your speedometer is now off due to a larger tire size, it will also make it look like you haven't driven as far, as it would with stock tire size. Thus it will make it seem like you are getting worse MPG.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:33 AM   #23
Banned
06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06SR5canada's Tacoma Gallery
prius mod for sure, i hate these threads. "i bought a truck, put on huge rims and mud tires, and now my mpg sucks"
Old 06-26-2012, 12:07 PM   #25
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06SR5canada View Post
prius mod for sure, i hate these threads. "i bought a truck, put on huge rims and mud tires, and now my mpg sucks"
X2
Old 06-26-2012, 12:28 PM   #27

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06SR5canada View Post

Yea well u know what u can kiss my ass Huge 31.5 pound rims and I'm sorry but I have a buddy that has the same truck with a 6 in lift and 35 he gets 13 city so excuse me wondering if anyone else had a gas mileage problem. And last time I checked terra grapplers are a/t. So if u don't like it don't look at it I hate stuck up asshole like you because I'm sure If u asked a question about something you would want and anwser not Prius or pussy mod.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:29 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
I was thinking this morning on the way to work. Try disconnecting your battery for a good 30 minutes.

Then reconnect it. At that point, drive around taking it easy on everywhere you go. The ECU will learn a new "driving style" of yours. It might help.

Also, being that your speedometer is now off due to a larger tire size, it will also make it look like you haven't driven as far, as it would with stock tire size. Thus it will make it seem like you are getting worse MPG.
Thanks I will try that today.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:30 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amo-cat3 View Post
Hey OP, in your truck description you say you have flowmaster true duals - so you probably don't have any cats in your exhaust. Without you cats your probably not running at optimal fuel effeiciency.
No I had him run the duals from each cat back.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:30 PM   #30
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Yea well u know what u can kiss my ass Huge 31.5 pound rims and I'm sorry but I have a buddy that has the same truck with a 6 in lift and 35 he gets 13 city so excuse me wondering if anyone else had a gas mileage problem. And last time I checked terra grapplers are a/t. So if u don't like it don't look at it I hate stuck up asshole like you because I'm sure If u asked a question about something you would want and anwser not Prius or pussy mod.
Take a chill pill there. Don't let words on a screen upset you. I kinda agree with him though.

Anyway did you see the post above? You claim true duals. Is this what you have? True duals means each bank has a separate exhaust that never merges at any point. If you bought a Chokemaster kit then they are not true duals.

True duals:

Old 06-26-2012, 12:43 PM   #31

Yea I forgot the guy I took my truck to I had asked for true duals but he put in a x pipe by accident. Could the x pipe affect it
Old 06-26-2012, 12:46 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleighman View Post
I only get 15-18 mpg's with 265/70/17 nitto terra grappler. gearing may help but a 33 inch tire on 20" wheels is gonna kill fuel economy on any vehicle.
Why would the 20 in rims Jill fuell economy their only just under 3 lb heavier a rim.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:49 PM   #33
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have a buddy that has the same truck with a 6 in lift and 35 he gets 13 city
Easy starting point: What are ALL of the differences between your truck and your buddy's?

And relax, man. Fuel economy questions come up all the time, but the reality is that you're driving a truck, not a car, and your calculations are going to be very off if you're going by your odometer since you swapped tire sizes.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:56 PM   #34

Well we have the same exhaust. He has the 6 in procomp lift He has 20s with 35s And he has a cold air intake. Which I will have as soon and the company I ordered from decides to ship it. But I have the 3 inch leveling kit with 33s on 20's.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:03 PM   #35
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Same engine, same transmission, same year, same cab, same bed, same amount of crap in the bed, etc?
Old 06-26-2012, 02:24 PM   #37
Banned
Quote:
Well we have the same exhaust. He has the 6 in procomp lift He has 20s with 35s And he has a cold air intake. Which I will have as soon and the company I ordered from decides to ship it. But I have the 3 inch leveling kit with 33s on 20's.
The intake doesn't matter since all they really do is make noise.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:00 PM   #39
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
I agree with you, that on some vehicles a aftermarket intake doesn't do much if anything. On the 1GR Tacomas however, it does. Op, if you want an intake that is known and proven to work well on the 1GR get the 1st Gen TRD intake, AFe Stage 2 intake, or the URD intake. Just check out www.urdusa.com
You didn't mention that it works at high RPM but does nothing for normal street driving or MPG. More than likely he is adding one to gain some MPGs.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:04 PM   #40
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Their only 31.5 lbs. with nitto terra grapplers.
My stock OR rims are 22lbs a pop w/out tires. You sure this is right with a 20inch rim AND a tire?