Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Reporting on TRD exhaust

Old 06-24-2012, 01:07 AM   #1
WE'VE LANDED ON THE MOON!
TeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Tony
TeamLombardo's Tacoma Gallery
Reporting on TRD exhaust

TRD exhaust installed. Absolutely no performance gain, but it sure does sound good. That is all!
Old 06-24-2012, 09:29 AM   #2
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Ahh, bit the tip sure is pretty!

I am not a fan of the TRD exhaust. It is better than the factory one, since it increases in diameter to 2.5" tubing, over the 2.25" tubing of the factory catback. However, unless it has changed recently, it reduces down in diameter at the inlet/outlet of the muffler. Very irritating considering that the TRD is a "performance upgraded" catback. It wouldn't do that, if it really were 100% performance oriented.

What still gets me is that each side of the y-pipe is 2.25", going into a single outlet of 2.25" of the factory catback. Restriction much???? o_O
Old 06-24-2012, 09:59 AM   #3
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
I installed it last week and all I noticed was more brappppp , love it though & can't beat $90 that it cost
Old 06-24-2012, 12:44 PM   #4
TeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The1youluv2hate View Post
I installed it last week and all I noticed was more brappppp , love it though & can't beat $90 that it cost
$90?!? WTMF? Where did you find that at?
Old 06-24-2012, 12:51 PM   #6

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
Ahh, bit the tip sure is pretty!

I am not a fan of the TRD exhaust. It is better than the factory one, since it increases in diameter to 2.5" tubing, over the 2.25" tubing of the factory catback. However, unless it has changed recently, it reduces down in diameter at the inlet/outlet of the muffler. Very irritating considering that the TRD is a "performance upgraded" catback. It wouldn't do that, if it really were 100% performance oriented.

What still gets me is that each side of the y-pipe is 2.25", going into a single outlet of 2.25" of the factory catback. Restriction much???? o_O
True dat! Yeah it does taper down right at the inlet/outlet of the muffler.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:25 PM   #7
RELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RELLIM's Tacoma Gallery
Got pics ?
I'm dieing to see..