Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Adding a new Cat-back do I need to reset the onboard computer?

Old 06-27-2012, 08:15 AM   #1
1stTruck is on a distinguished road

Name: Jim
1stTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Adding a new Cat-back do I need to reset the onboard computer?

I'm changing from my stock exhaust to a new cat-back system. I read somewhere that you should disconnet the (-) side of the battery for 30mins to reset the onboard computer for the new exhaust. Is that true?
Old 06-27-2012, 08:17 AM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
You don't have to but you can if you want to.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:26 AM   #3
Turbo Meister
Speed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Speed Freek's Tacoma Gallery
Always a good idea to reset the ECU for any mod that changes airflow, exhaust and intake included.

This helps the fuel and spark trims to reset themselves in order to get the most out of your new product!

You can just remove the ECU fuse in the engine compartment for 10 minutes, that way you dont reset your clock and radio presets.