Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Muffler Poll

View Poll Results: What type of Muffler do you have? (or will have)
Banks 48 1.93%
Borla 126 5.08%
Flowmaster 510 20.55%
Gibson 51 2.05%
Magnaflow 394 15.87%
Toyota Stock 647 26.07%
TRD 358 14.42%
None (I don't need no stinkin' muffler) 135 5.44%
Other (Specify in post, please) 213 8.58%
Voters: 2482. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-17-2011, 08:51 PM   #281
Toyota Technician
That Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud of

That Dude Tim's Tacoma Gallery
Magnaflow 17115 modified to fit 2011 DC LB, stock in box the mid pipe is 13.25 in short on the longest straight section for long bed application.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:30 PM   #282
TacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to behold

TacoTaro's Tacoma Gallery
V6's sound terrible loud. I put the largest Dynomax Super Turbo they make on stock pipes. Its barely louder than stock and you can't hear it cruising on the highway. Its perfect. I can feel a little better throttle response and my MPG is pretty good with a 2.5" lift and 265/75's at 19-20mpg.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:34 PM   #283
Hug balls bitch
big dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
big dog's Tacoma Gallery
flowmaster!!! 40 series on my 05 durango 4.7 V8 and 50 series on my 89 toyota pickup 3.0 V6
Old 03-25-2011, 04:42 PM   #284
Chefsimms is on a distinguished road

Name: Richard
Chefsimms's Tacoma Gallery
I have a stock muffler on the 2011, when it wears out i may put somthing else on it, May-be TRD
Old 03-25-2011, 07:04 PM   #285
Dang liberals.
tacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomaprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Threw on a Thrush glasspack (2.5" in/out) two days ago and dumped it right before the rear axle. Sounds great in my opinion.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:11 AM   #286
delrayrasta is a splendid one to beholddelrayrasta is a splendid one to beholddelrayrasta is a splendid one to beholddelrayrasta is a splendid one to beholddelrayrasta is a splendid one to beholddelrayrasta is a splendid one to behold

Name: Paul
delrayrasta's Tacoma Gallery
IMO i had a flowmaster single in dual out on my 2010 and it was cool for about a week then it just gets really old really fast. doesn't do anything really, no HP or torque gain, gas mpg went down actually and your better off saving some money getting a nice cold air intake and some new Doug Thorley headers. At least thats what I'm doing.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:26 PM   #287
RebelRider201 has a spectacular aura aboutRebelRider201 has a spectacular aura about

Name: J
RebelRider201's Tacoma Gallery
'03 V6 Super 44 series Flowmaster single in/out with exhaust dump over axle..........can't beat it, gotta love it
Old 04-29-2011, 12:46 AM   #288
tacomadude18 has much to be proud oftacomadude18 has much to be proud oftacomadude18 has much to be proud oftacomadude18 has much to be proud oftacomadude18 has much to be proud oftacomadude18 has much to be proud oftacomadude18 has much to be proud oftacomadude18 has much to be proud of

Name: carlitos
tacomadude18's Tacoma Gallery
where are the sound vids at??
Old 04-29-2011, 01:21 AM   #289
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
There again I'm running something different than most put a Raptor exhaust single in/out to 3" flare out, kinda like the old California Turbos, sounds decent & anythings better than that 55 gal. drum Toyota put on ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0g3odvid2c?version=3

I think it sounds ok..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OI98DBb4fc?version=3
Old 05-04-2011, 09:08 AM   #290
tc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nik
tc98tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
yesterday i unbolted the pipe after the cat and left ot like that it doesnt sound bad it gets really loud when you get on the gas but when cruising it sounds good not too loud
Old 05-04-2011, 09:16 AM   #291
68vert is on a distinguished road

68vert's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Borla and feel it delivers good results on my 2nd gen. I have a friend that bought a magnaflow for his 1st gen and has noticable power loss in the mid range, plus it routes between the rear springs and frame.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:19 AM   #292
tc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68vert View Post
I have a Borla and feel it delivers good results on my 2nd gen. I have a friend that bought a magnaflow for his 1st gen and has noticable power loss in the mid range, plus it routes between the rear springs and frame.
thats what i am afraid of doing buying a muffler getting in put on and not liking it cause i dont have money coming out the ass to get another one on or a new one
Old 05-05-2011, 06:46 PM   #293
Nightfury is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightfury is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightfury is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightfury is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightfury is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightfury is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightfury is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightfury is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightfury is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightfury is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightfury is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Evan
Nightfury's Tacoma Gallery
I decided to go with the MBRP Cool Dual's on my truck. I haven't seen another Tacoma with an MBRP, but I'm sure they are out there. Fit and finish are spectacular, and I absolutely love the sound. Only downside is the slight in-cabin drone at 2,000 - 2,400 RPM's on the highway. I cruise at 72ish most of the time, just above that range, so it's not an issue for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1tjkOjrGFU?fs=1
Old 05-09-2011, 08:56 AM   #294

so the past week i have had everything after the cat off i like how it runs and sounds
it feels alot better driving and smoother to me so im leaving it like this love it especially since it was free
Old 05-11-2011, 11:24 AM   #295
TheHansen is on a distinguished road

TheHansen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfury View Post
I decided to go with the MBRP Cool Dual's on my truck. I haven't seen another Tacoma with an MBRP, but I'm sure they are out there. Fit and finish are spectacular, and I absolutely love the sound. Only downside is the slight in-cabin drone at 2,000 - 2,400 RPM's on the highway. I cruise at 72ish most of the time, just above that range, so it's not an issue for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1tjkOjrGFU?fs=1
Any chance you could make another sound clip video with the camera further away? I have been looking for a mbrp sound clip on the v6 for a long time now, thanks for putting this up it sounds good man.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:22 AM   #298
coupe85k is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: 2nd Class Electricians Mate
Name: Kyle
coupe85k's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to coupe85k
Since i put this in the wrong place the first time, i figure i will place it here
I actually just installed a true dual blended super 40 series flowmaster with dump in front of rear axle. It sounds awesome, a little louder than i was expecting. Its mostly quiet at idle but as soon as you touch the pedal its quite loud, i little too loud. i may think about changing from as dump to running tail pipes out the back which should reduce the noise inside the cab.

Muffler Poll-imag0009.jpg

Muffler Poll-imag0010.jpg
Old 06-18-2011, 10:20 PM   #299
06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Cornelius Fire Department and Metro West Ambulance
Name: Robert
06TRDZombieHunter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by coupe85k View Post
Since i put this in the wrong place the first time, i figure i will place it here
I actually just installed a true dual blended super 40 series flowmaster with dump in front of rear axle. It sounds awesome, a little louder than i was expecting. Its mostly quiet at idle but as soon as you touch the pedal its quite loud, i little too loud. i may think about changing from as dump to running tail pipes out the back which should reduce the noise inside the cab.

Attachment 104940

Attachment 104941
That looks almost exactly like the way my Pro Flo was installed.. Mine just has some more mandrel bends and less welds.. but still very similar.
Hope you like it as much as I like mine!
Old 06-20-2011, 09:50 PM   #300
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
96 2.7 with flowmaster 40 dumped. Love it cause it sounds kind of like a trophy truck! Haha