LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Muffler Poll

View Poll Results: What type of Muffler do you have? (or will have)
Banks 48 1.94%
Borla 126 5.09%
Flowmaster 509 20.55%
Gibson 50 2.02%
Magnaflow 392 15.83%
Toyota Stock 646 26.08%
TRD 358 14.45%
None (I don't need no stinkin' muffler) 135 5.45%
Other (Specify in post, please) 213 8.60%
Voters: 2477. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-06-2013, 07:54 PM   #441
Christian is on a distinguished road
Name: Christian
Christian's Tacoma Gallery
Muffler

I need to know what size muffler I need for my 2009 tacoma prerunner double cab. Which would sound the best? Do i need to buy anything extra with it? Im not sure which one would fit on my stock exhaust system
Old 01-07-2013, 01:43 PM   #442
sleeper8406 is on a distinguished road
sleeper8406's Tacoma Gallery
Go on youtube for the sound. The best sounding is subjective, to each his own...

Stock exhaust piping is 2.25" I believe.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:21 AM   #443
The Aviator
12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MP
Name: Roberto
12TRDTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Aero 2525XL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRA_MA2xy_o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPnM7LsBEqQ
Old 01-11-2013, 08:43 AM   #444
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
I just welded up a 24" magnaflow. Part number is in my Sig. This setup is perfect, for me. Really pretty close to stock with a slight grumble and a good little snap when you stand on it. No Cabin drone at all. 2.5" piping.

Old 01-11-2013, 11:07 AM   #447
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
Looking good Sconnie. I must be getting old, or just prefer a refined grumble, over loud and raspy.

Refined grumble just sounds more professional to me these days.
haha thanks. I should have worded that better, its a pop you can feel not a snap you hear if you know what i mean. I went though the straight pipe and loud muffler phase (highschool-early college) a long time ago... Even the Magnaflow catback for the tacoma with a dynomax bullet I added was too much, it may have been the drone I got though that made it terrible. Plus I was embarrased to have people ride in my noisy truck...
Old 01-11-2013, 03:30 PM   #448
spartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Trevor
spartanhockey6's Tacoma Gallery
I just got my Wicked Flow 13" muffler welded in this morning, after running straight pipes for awhile its really really nice not having cabin drone on the highway/freeway. I really like the muffler, i feel like it fits the truck perfect sound wise. Plus i'm looking forward to getting my MPG's back haha.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:08 PM   #449
Stunter
SJstuntrider is on a distinguished road

SJstuntrider's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to SJstuntrider
Borla All the Way Bro!!

2012 4X4 V6 4.0L

I just installed a Borla and chopped / tucked the tail pipe under the bed!

What a difference I notice from a dead stop, plus great sound - and no drome.

SJ
Old 02-10-2013, 10:22 AM   #450
Corndawg has a spectacular aura aboutCorndawg has a spectacular aura about
Name: Corey
Corndawg's Tacoma Gallery
does anyone out there have a flowmaster super 44? i was thinking about getting it i dont want loud cab drone at highway speeds though
Old 02-15-2013, 09:51 PM   #451
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
I first had a wicked flow 13", then super 44, then back to stock.

Gotta say, stock is where it's at; dumped after the axle of course.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:20 AM   #453
Tahosrfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahosrfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahosrfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahosrfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahosrfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahosrfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahosrfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahosrfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahosrfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahosrfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahosrfr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
Tahosrfr's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody have an opinion on the Magnaflow offroad series turndown cat back system? Thanks
Old 02-24-2013, 11:22 AM   #454
Tahosrfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahosrfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahosrfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahosrfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahosrfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahosrfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahosrfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahosrfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahosrfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahosrfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahosrfr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
Tahosrfr's Tacoma Gallery
It exits in front of the rear axle.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:05 AM   #455
Findus11 will become famous soon enoughFindus11 will become famous soon enough
Findus11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahosrfr View Post
Anybody have an opinion on the Magnaflow offroad series turndown cat back system? Thanks
I don't have the Magnaflow but I have the MBRP turndown that exits right in front of the rear axle. I love it! Grumbles at low rpm and gets a nice rasp to it at high rpm from the exhaust gases bouncing off the road. It may be a bit loud for some is the only thing...
Old 03-19-2013, 09:31 PM   #458
MEMO CAMPOS is on a distinguished road

MEMO CAMPOS's Tacoma Gallery
Tru x Magnaflow muffler

Anybody try this muffler? Thinking of splitting my y pipe into it. Thought it my balance the exhaust pulses better and maybe change the sound a bit. Appreciate anybodys input...
Attached Thumbnails
Muffler Poll-image.jpg  
Old 03-20-2013, 09:45 PM   #459
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Sounds like you need to work on your welding skills...
Thats enough out of you....

Scored a $5.00 magnaflow, welded it on myself & its still on , even after hucking my truck last week..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...NlffF8kzM#t=0s

Products Discussed in this Thread