Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Muffler Poll

View Poll Results: What type of Muffler do you have? (or will have)
Banks 48 1.93%
Borla 126 5.07%
Flowmaster 511 20.56%
Gibson 51 2.05%
Magnaflow 395 15.90%
Toyota Stock 648 26.08%
TRD 358 14.41%
None (I don't need no stinkin' muffler) 135 5.43%
Other (Specify in post, please) 213 8.57%
Voters: 2485. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-20-2013, 09:52 PM   #461
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Haha how'd you get it for $5!? I'm wanting a magnaflow too, but I'm making myself wait for now...
Yard sales FTMFW !!! Guy just wanted it gone I guess, he has another one i found out, gonna get it tomorrow
Old 03-20-2013, 09:54 PM   #462
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Yard sales FTMFW !!! Guy just wanted it gone I guess, he has another one i found out, gonna get it tomorrow
Haha for duals? Or resale?
Old 03-20-2013, 10:07 PM   #464
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Keep for spare when my faulty welds give way.....
Haha
Old 03-23-2013, 10:37 AM   #465
MEMO CAMPOS is on a distinguished road

MEMO CAMPOS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SconnieHailer View Post
I just welded up a 24" magnaflow. Part number is in my Sig. This setup is perfect, for me. Really pretty close to stock with a slight grumble and a good little snap when you stand on it. No Cabin drone at all. 2.5" piping.

Hey quick question, did you notice a torque increase over the catback setup you had before? I think the larger volume of your muffler may increase or lower the torque band...
Old 03-23-2013, 10:47 AM   #466
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
Honestly from what i can remember it didn't change that much. Lower end torque is better, ie 6th gear grunt on the highway up hills is better. Overall the truck drives much better than with the catback on. That large catback tubing was too much and disturbed my laminar flow i think. Best to keep the piping stock diameter or be prepared to lose some torque.
Old 03-23-2013, 02:57 PM   #467

Quote:
Honestly from what i can remember it didn't change that much. Lower end torque is better, ie 6th gear grunt on the highway up hills is better. Overall the truck drives much better than with the catback on. That large catback tubing was too much and disturbed my laminar flow i think. Best to keep the piping stock diameter or be prepared to lose some torque.
I appreciate your prompt response! I hate to bug you with another question but if I may how to the best of your ability would you describe the sound and the loudness of this muffler? I'm currently running a magnapack 14" long 4" in diameter and it is extremely loud and I think I finally matured past it! However not sure if I can go back to complete stock sound level...whats your input?
Old 03-23-2013, 03:23 PM   #468
Pavement Princess
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Mufflers are over rated.....go without one.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:09 PM   #469
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEMO CAMPOS View Post
I appreciate your prompt response! I hate to bug you with another question but if I may how to the best of your ability would you describe the sound and the loudness of this muffler? I'm currently running a magnapack 14" long 4" in diameter and it is extremely loud and I think I finally matured past it! However not sure if I can go back to complete stock sound level...whats your input?
I went through the loud truck phase a long time ago and one ticket solved it easy for me! Now I just like to hear the truck when I get on it and that's it. Also driving around older people who you respect always feels wrong in a loud truck... I could best describe the loudness of the muffler by saying the fan noise at start up about equals the level of noise coming from the exhaust, so at idle just after you start you can hear the exhaust but the fan noise comes close to drowning it out. <This is from inside the truck. On the highway it's louder than stock but you can still carry on a normal conversation and you'll notice when the engine pulls over any hills. It has a very nice mellow bark when you get on it and sounds real nice between 2.5k and 3k with that little braap you sometimes hear. Idk its louder than stock but tollerable for a person who would rather drive a stock exhuast around all day. Make sense?
Old 03-23-2013, 06:06 PM   #470

Quote:
I went through the loud truck phase a long time ago and one ticket solved it easy for me! Now I just like to hear the truck when I get on it and that's it. Also driving around older people who you respect always feels wrong in a loud truck... I could best describe the loudness of the muffler by saying the fan noise at start up about equals the level of noise coming from the exhaust, so at idle just after you start you can hear the exhaust but the fan noise comes close to drowning it out. <This is from inside the truck. On the highway it's louder than stock but you can still carry on a normal conversation and you'll notice when the engine pulls over any hills. It has a very nice mellow bark when you get on it and sounds real nice between 2.5k and 3k with that little braap you sometimes hear. Idk its louder than stock but tollerable for a person who would rather drive a stock exhuast around all day. Make sense?
YES! Makes alot of sense! Thank you sir for an incredibly ellborate description. I think I just made a decision. Thanks for your help
Old 04-05-2013, 04:01 PM   #472
pjs42 is on a distinguished road

Army: Enginering
Name: Steve
pjs42's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Flowmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDeity View Post
Is this the muffler I want or what I have? I have just stock but want borla but canít afford it so later I might to settle for flowmaster.
Just bought a Flowmaster 50 Series $89. to 120. $$
Old 04-05-2013, 04:01 PM   #473
frog
jamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
jamtoz's Tacoma Gallery
aeroturbine 2525
Old 04-08-2013, 06:35 PM   #476
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yota243 View Post
Red hot glass pack. I've been thinkin about deleting the resonators also.
what resonators?
Old 04-08-2013, 07:50 PM   #478
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
i dont recall seeing any resonators....just 4 cats and a muffler.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:06 PM   #479
wheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Kevin
wheelerkr2's Tacoma Gallery
just installed a magnaflow muffler my engine is V6 and the muffler case is 18" part number #12256

Vid of it on my truck
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYSEDKaey4k?version=3
Old 04-12-2013, 04:48 AM   #480
yota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: E.J.
yota243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony250f View Post
i dont recall seeing any resonators....just 4 cats and a muffler.
i was under the impression that the back two were resonators since there wasnt an o2 sensor behind them, but if they're cats those two are the ones im debating on deleting.