LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Muffler Poll

View Poll Results: What type of Muffler do you have? (or will have)
Banks 48 1.94%
Borla 126 5.09%
Flowmaster 509 20.55%
Gibson 50 2.02%
Magnaflow 392 15.83%
Toyota Stock 646 26.08%
TRD 358 14.45%
None (I don't need no stinkin' muffler) 135 5.45%
Other (Specify in post, please) 213 8.60%
Voters: 2477. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2008, 10:51 PM   #41
350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

350TacoZilla's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 350TacoZilla
ok well my 1996 2.7L 4cyl has a flowmaster 40 series with dual 2" tail pipes... my 1997 has a 383-V8 with dual 3" pipes leading to 21" long cherry bomb glasspacks
Old 11-09-2008, 02:39 AM   #42
pucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 11b infantry
Name: Mike
pucksniper's Tacoma Gallery
06 4.0 L V6

I have the Banks cat- back system
Old 11-09-2008, 12:00 PM   #43
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
2008 tacoma reg cab 4x2.
2.7L I4
Jardine Catback exhaust.
sounds like..................a ricer
Old 11-10-2008, 04:42 AM   #45
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Started w/JBA catback. Cut it out & replaced w/Dynomax muffler.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:09 AM   #46
dabighi has a little shameless behaviour in the past
dabighi's Tacoma Gallery
i have the flowmaster delta flow 40 series under the truck now. im honestly getting tired of listening to it in the cab on the freeway. to loud cant hear the radio or anyone on the phone. im looking for something a little more mellow in the cab but that has a nice rich deep smooth sound to it. i know you guys may say louder is better but i get enough in cab noise at work with all the lights and sirens on every 5 mins. which is deeper and smoother..trd..gibson..or magnaflow?? some of the clips ive heard i really like the trd but theyve only been in low idle. do they "ricer" out at higher rpms?
Old 11-10-2008, 10:47 AM   #47
TorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to behold

TorenApart's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabighi View Post
i have the flowmaster delta flow 40 series under the truck now. im honestly getting tired of listening to it in the cab on the freeway. to loud cant hear the radio or anyone on the phone. im looking for something a little more mellow in the cab but that has a nice rich deep smooth sound to it. i know you guys may say louder is better but i get enough in cab noise at work with all the lights and sirens on every 5 mins. which is deeper and smoother..trd..gibson..or magnaflow?? some of the clips ive heard i really like the trd but theyve only been in low idle. do they "ricer" out at higher rpms?
I like my Aero Turbine a lot. It is pretty deep (for a V6) and has a mean growl to it. On the highway there is very little, if any drone. It also helps gas mileage. You can add a resonator after if you still decide it's too loud.

One other idea that might suit you well in two ways is doing a sound deadening job on your doors and back wall. It will help a ton!
Old 11-11-2008, 07:41 AM   #50
Mod'n on a Budget
1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
You know the resonator has to be built in because they only installed the muffler and from what I saw it still had the straight thru design but it was a little longer then the regular 2525.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:54 AM   #51
TorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BlkT View Post
You know the resonator has to be built in because they only installed the muffler and from what I saw it still had the straight thru design but it was a little longer then the regular 2525.
I guess I always thought that the resonator was something that could be added on after the fact. you can pick them up online for about half the price or less of the actual mufflers.

Do you have a sound clip you can put up? I am really interested to hear the difference.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:59 AM   #52
Mod'n on a Budget
1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
Well you can still add a resonator, I've done that on a different truck because it was too loud. I'll try to get a video for you guys this weekend. Personally, I think it's a little quiet even with the Volant intake but I didn't want to have to worry about an annoying drone so I guess it's all good.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:27 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BlkT View Post
After listening to your clip now Toren, it sounds to me like yours is a littler deeper. How's it in the cab?
Inside i don't really notice it when cruising. You can hear it if of course, but it's negligible to me.
It has definitely deepened up a little since that video, which was taken right after I got home from the muffler shop that installed it for me. It's been 4 months now and I've also replaced my air filter with the AFE drop in, which has made it a little bit more throaty (sp?)

I'll see about another video this weekend as well.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:54 AM   #55
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
I need to change my vote!!

My husband and I installed the flowmaster dual exits w/ 50 series this past weekend (kit # 17432) It's nice having a bit of a rumble versus the quiet stock exhaust. The last flowmaster I had was on a 5.7L Dodge (angry growl). This isn't nearly as 'angry' - but what do you expect from a V6? I still think its awesome!!

The install went well. There are a couple places where the exhaust is really close to the leaf springs (helper spring) and the rear diff cover. I might try to adjust that soon. I plan on taking it to an exhaust shop and have them weld the joints together when placement is finalized.

It sounds really good and perfect for what I wanted - nothing loud and nothing too soft. It's very faint after warmed up an sitting at stop lights. But rumbles nicely when you accelerate. When I use the cruise control and lift up to 'accelerate' - I can actually HEAR the truck accelerating! (I couldn't hear a damn thing with the stock exhaust).

I've never really heard the truck from outside (other than it idling) but sometimes I think its louder inside than it is on the outside. But not too bad at all.

I've been playing around with sound clips but haven't been able to get anything that sounds decent -it's been windy around here and that's been screwing up the microphone. So - I'll make up a clip sometime.

I've got abotu 1/2 tank of gas now. By the time this tank is done, the computer should have adjusted itself and hopefully I would've had plenty of time playing with the throttle... But I'm curios to see the gas mileage results (if any).
Old 11-15-2008, 08:15 PM   #56
crasch is on a distinguished road
crasch's Tacoma Gallery
TRD Cat-Back
Old 11-17-2008, 10:05 PM   #57
sharpey is on a distinguished road

sharpey's Tacoma Gallery
2008 4.0L TRD and it sounds great!
Old 11-17-2008, 10:22 PM   #58
caliKxracer is a jewel in the roughcaliKxracer is a jewel in the roughcaliKxracer is a jewel in the roughcaliKxracer is a jewel in the rough

Name: kyle
caliKxracer's Tacoma Gallery
2000 tacoma 3.4l s/c , custom modified borla exhaust
Old 11-19-2008, 05:39 PM   #59
Drew793 will become famous soon enoughDrew793 will become famous soon enough

Drew793's Tacoma Gallery
[quote=knickerbocker;59458]'07 v6 access cab automatic with magnaflow and no other mods.

only other system i've heard in person is trd which personally sounds nicer (lower, more like a v8) and definitely looks nicer. i've never heard either on the 2.7L.

Thanks Knickerbocker,,, TRD is probably the exhaust I'm going to go with when I get one. Low mellower tone and not too loud is what I'm looking for. I wish they made it in a dual like the Flowmaster cause I like the dual look.

Sound is probably gonna be the deciding factor and the winner for me.

So,,,, probably going with TRD. lol
Old 11-28-2008, 06:23 PM   #60
Canadian in the South
CraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
CraigTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Muffler? cut that shit out and weld in a straight pipe. I did that almost two years ago. Love it.

Products Discussed in this Thread