LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

WTF!!!!! Magna Flows on a 2.7L/4 cyl. truck????

Old 07-04-2012, 03:07 PM   #1
Rich
Dirty Jersey is a glorious beacon of lightDirty Jersey is a glorious beacon of lightDirty Jersey is a glorious beacon of lightDirty Jersey is a glorious beacon of lightDirty Jersey is a glorious beacon of lightDirty Jersey is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Rich
Dirty Jersey's Tacoma Gallery
WTF!!!!! Magna Flows on a 2.7L/4 cyl. truck????

Excuse me if this is a lame question, but instead of going forward and then being the butt of a joke, would installing a Magna flow or Flowmaster system on a 4 cylinder truck be pointless? I know there are performance benefits, but what would it sound like. I don't have much, if any, experience with how this would sound. I just don't want my truck to sound like I slapped one of those stupid cherry bombs on it. If it would sound decent then I would do it
Old 07-12-2012, 06:54 AM   #2
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
i have a flowmaster 40 seiers on my truck and i think it sounds great its certainly not a ricey sounding set-up. i can't speak for other mufflers but the magnaflow sounds more like a honda than a truck to me for whatever thats worth.

i can say that on saturday i'm replacing my fm 40 with an aero turbine 2525 they sound mean but, i can't find anyone running one on a 4cyl. my fm has a broken baffle that rattles like mad this happened about 6 months after i installed it btw they are made very cheaply.

from what i have read and listened to the aero turbine seems to be made out of much better materials stainless steel and the design of the muffler itself pretty much ensures a great sounding and long lasting muffler when compared to others. if you want a quality muffler just for some sound out of the little 4 banger i would look into the ss versions of flowmaster if you must have that sound but, imo you would be better served going with a aero turbine or the wicked flows almost everybody that owns these absolutely loves them.

just my .02
Old 07-12-2012, 06:57 AM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
There would be very little performance benefits and it would sound like a 4 banger with exhaust.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:00 AM   #5
Never seen Forest Gump
tim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
tim920's Tacoma Gallery
And if you're interested in the Flowmaster 40 I can sell you a brand new one that I'm not using.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:00 AM   #6
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
yeah it does nothing for performance i agree with that but, my 4 cyl sounds pretty decent at idle it sounds like a v8 to me only when you realy get into it does it begin to sound a little strange.

strange meaning unique not ricey but, unfortunately the fm's are absolute garbage mine is rusted to hell in less than two years :/ i barely even drive my truck the thing only has like 14k on it lol

op saturday i'm going to get the aero installed if you want come check it out i'll be at arrow muffler shop on delsea drive at around 9 am. i think i might be one of the only guys with an aero turbine on a 2.7
Old 07-13-2012, 01:52 PM   #7
Rich
Dirty Jersey is a glorious beacon of lightDirty Jersey is a glorious beacon of lightDirty Jersey is a glorious beacon of lightDirty Jersey is a glorious beacon of lightDirty Jersey is a glorious beacon of lightDirty Jersey is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Rich
Dirty Jersey's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the offer Hans. I might be going shooting tomorrow but if that falls through im definalty in. Thanks brother