1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WTF!!!!! Magna Flows on a 2.7L/4 cyl. truck????

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by Dirty Jersey, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Jul 4, 2012 at 3:07 PM
    Dirty Jersey

Dirty Jersey [OP] Rich

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2012 Access Cab - White
    Wet Okole Seat Covers, Debadged, Custom Fit Bed Mat, Cargo Net for Long Bed, All Weather OEM Floor Mats, MX Grillcraft Grill, Bully Tailgate Lock, Mini Mag Center Console Mod, SockMonkey 3rd Brakelight Cover, Lots of Love
    Excuse me if this is a lame question, but instead of going forward and then being the butt of a joke, would installing a Magna flow or Flowmaster system on a 4 cylinder truck be pointless? I know there are performance benefits, but what would it sound like. I don't have much, if any, experience with how this would sound. I just don't want my truck to sound like I slapped one of those stupid cherry bombs on it. If it would sound decent then I would do it

2. Jul 12, 2012 at 6:54 AM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans DISPLACED VIKING LIVING IN WYOMING

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++
    i have a flowmaster 40 seiers on my truck and i think it sounds great its certainly not a ricey sounding set-up. i can't speak for other mufflers but the magnaflow sounds more like a honda than a truck to me for whatever thats worth.

i can say that on saturday i'm replacing my fm 40 with an aero turbine 2525 they sound mean but, i can't find anyone running one on a 4cyl. my fm has a broken baffle that rattles like mad this happened about 6 months after i installed it btw they are made very cheaply.

from what i have read and listened to the aero turbine seems to be made out of much better materials stainless steel and the design of the muffler itself pretty much ensures a great sounding and long lasting muffler when compared to others. if you want a quality muffler just for some sound out of the little 4 banger i would look into the ss versions of flowmaster if you must have that sound but, imo you would be better served going with a aero turbine or the wicked flows almost everybody that owns these absolutely loves them.

just my .02

3. Jul 12, 2012 at 6:54 AM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    if you want to hear what one sounds like pm me and we can meet up somewhere. i just realized your from south jersey lol

4. Jul 12, 2012 at 7:00 AM
    tim920

tim920 Never seen Forest Gump

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Boston, MA
    Vehicle:
    2005 4Runner Limited V6
    And if you're interested in the Flowmaster 40 I can sell you a brand new one that I'm not using.

5. Jul 12, 2012 at 7:00 AM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    yeah it does nothing for performance i agree with that but, my 4 cyl sounds pretty decent at idle it sounds like a v8 to me only when you realy get into it does it begin to sound a little strange.

strange meaning unique not ricey but, unfortunately the fm's are absolute garbage mine is rusted to hell in less than two years :/ i barely even drive my truck the thing only has like 14k on it lol

op saturday i'm going to get the aero installed if you want come check it out i'll be at arrow muffler shop on delsea drive at around 9 am. i think i might be one of the only guys with an aero turbine on a 2.7 :)

6. Jul 13, 2012 at 1:52 PM
    Dirty Jersey

Dirty Jersey [OP] Rich

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2012 Access Cab - White
    Wet Okole Seat Covers, Debadged, Custom Fit Bed Mat, Cargo Net for Long Bed, All Weather OEM Floor Mats, MX Grillcraft Grill, Bully Tailgate Lock, Mini Mag Center Console Mod, SockMonkey 3rd Brakelight Cover, Lots of Love
    Thanks for the offer Hans. I might be going shooting tomorrow but if that falls through im definalty in. Thanks brother

Products Discussed in

To Top