Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Aero Turbine??

Old 07-12-2012, 04:23 PM   #21
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
A tip....I kind of wanted to switch to it because it seemed louder
Old 07-12-2012, 04:23 PM   #22
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
They went out of business. Here maybe this will help.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:25 PM   #23
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
The AT is getting a whole bunch of traction all of a sudden... What's up? I haven't even been spamming it around either lol
Old 07-12-2012, 04:32 PM   #24
Canadian Redneck
NiceTaco has a spectacular aura aboutNiceTaco has a spectacular aura about

NiceTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I never heard of the company but I was searching here and heard the clips to me all the rest sounded to quiet in the clips the aero seemed to have the most throat...

I will see soon, if I don't like it t will be forsale in here!
Old 07-12-2012, 04:35 PM   #27
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt man hans View Post
your sounds great colton i hope my 4 banger sounds as good. i went for the non resonated and with the snorkel and afe pro dry i think it should be pretty good.
Thanks I would imagine that the snorkel will make a nice difference. I know my TRD CAI made a nice sound change, in the cab at least.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:37 PM   #28
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
I can almost guarantee that the AT2525 by itself will be plenty loud for you lol
Not.for me lol
Old 07-12-2012, 06:05 PM   #29
505 Member
white toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gian
white toy taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03is300ztk View Post
Well what else did he have done, my buddy put the 40 series on his 2011 with nothing else done, factory manifold, all cats, just put the muffler and sounded like garbage imo.
uhh thats weird because im also completely stock besides the super 40 and i get compliments on how deep it is. i even had this guy in an old tricked out camaro come up to me at a gas station asking what i had done to make it sound so deep. idk what you were hearing
Old 07-12-2012, 06:16 PM   #30

this one sounds pretty good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfspyQEUpo8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbW-qNzgSDs
Old 07-13-2012, 10:01 AM   #32
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
I, being the person I am, had to give a little input about hte AT muffler.....

Personally, I have a Magnaflow 18". My friend had an AT. We have another TW member locally who was looking into an exhaust.... so we let him stand in the middle, give him a little sound. In all honesty, both sound very similar, heres the differences...

Magnaflow is a little louder when you step on it, and a tad raspier than an AT, but I love the sound. Magnaflow has absolutely no drone (at least over my tires) on the highway/freeway. IIRC talking to him, the same can not be said of AT, and its louder on the highway. (Folks please chime in and correct me, I forget.) Basically I think AT focused on the quality of the sound, and threw no care to ride quality.

Anyways, what I'm getting at is I think you would be equally as happy with a Magnaflow 18" muffler, since AeroTurbines are hard to come by for you. I honestly think the biggest selling point for me is the fact that when I'm on the highway, it sounds like a stock exhaust... but when I want to make some noise, it can be done very easily. I even set off a damn car alarm... LoL. My .02C

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDvrlAgaUFM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZCWz4iym9Y
Old 07-13-2012, 10:12 AM   #33

What would be a good price for a used at ?
Old 07-13-2012, 10:13 AM   #34

[QUOTE=TacomaGus;5377364]
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony250f View Post
this one sounds pretty good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfspyQEUpo8

ya I did like the kamikaze when it was on, but I def like the aero more overall. can't wait to get my LT headers on
Is the kamikaze louder than the at? I wanna switch up exhausts....and rout it a different way
Old 07-13-2012, 01:58 PM   #35
Canadian Redneck

I may end up buying a Resonator and a tip off of ebay, Just want to confirm I would be getting the reight ones to go with my 2525

AR25 - Resonator
ST2535 - Tip
Old 07-13-2012, 04:55 PM   #36
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gus
TacomaGus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
I, being the person I am, had to give a little input about hte AT muffler.....

Personally, I have a Magnaflow 18". My friend had an AT. We have another TW member locally who was looking into an exhaust.... so we let him stand in the middle, give him a little sound. In all honesty, both sound very similar, heres the differences...

Magnaflow is a little louder when you step on it, and a tad raspier than an AT, but I love the sound. Magnaflow has absolutely no drone (at least over my tires) on the highway/freeway. IIRC talking to him, the same can not be said of AT, and its louder on the highway. (Folks please chime in and correct me, I forget.) Basically I think AT focused on the quality of the sound, and threw no care to ride quality.

Anyways, what I'm getting at is I think you would be equally as happy with a Magnaflow 18" muffler, since AeroTurbines are hard to come by for you. I honestly think the biggest selling point for me is the fact that when I'm on the highway, it sounds like a stock exhaust... but when I want to make some noise, it can be done very easily. I even set off a damn car alarm... LoL. My .02C
Not to discredit your response but i find that my AT has less drone on the highway and in general than my magnaflows that I've had. Its all what you like tho...

[QUOTE=anthony250f;5377496]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaGus View Post

Is the kamikaze louder than the at? I wanna switch up exhausts....and rout it a different way
And yes the Kamikaze is def louder than the AT, def the loudest I've had on my truck...
Old 07-13-2012, 06:00 PM   #37
03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Navy Veteran
Name: Zach
03is300ztk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by white toy taco View Post
uhh thats weird because im also completely stock besides the super 40 and i get compliments on how deep it is. i even had this guy in an old tricked out camaro come up to me at a gas station asking what i had done to make it sound so deep. idk what you were hearing

Condsidering that I also have a built 68 Camaro myself running full dual 3" to 2 chamber flowmasters, I'm sorry I just dont think the two can be compared, hence the taco 4.0 sounding like shit with it "to me". Remember this is IMO, not facts of the universe for you to take as end all.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:17 AM   #38
Canadian Redneck

I cant believe how small this 2525 is compared to the stock exhaust... I was a little worried when I seen it thinking this cant be right and I had the wrong one!!!
Old 07-18-2012, 06:45 PM   #40
Canadian Redneck

So got my 2525 installed today..... I drove home about 60 kilometers and didn't find it to loud at all it has slight drone sometimes at a gew diff rom ranges but I think if I resonated it, it would be to quiet for me. I'm not a 100% sure of the muffler yet as its the only one I have ever heard on our trucks.
It's def not a V8 but I'm not sure this truck can sound any meaner without doing headers etc. I will post some sound clips when I get some, going camping in a week so I'll get some out there.