Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Aero Turbine??

Old 07-19-2012, 03:01 AM   #41
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
[QUOTE=TacomaGus;5379334]Not to discredit your response but i find that my AT has less drone on the highway and in general than my magnaflows that I've had. Its all what you like tho...

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony250f View Post

And yes the Kamikaze is def louder than the AT, def the loudest I've had on my truck...
Not to argue...but idk what magnaflows you had...I have no drone. Period.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:05 AM   #42
HIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Angel
HIYota's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=brian;5406440]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaGus View Post
Not to discredit your response but i find that my AT has less drone on the highway and in general than my magnaflows that I've had. Its all what you like tho...

Not to argue...but idk what magnaflows you had...I have no drone. Period.
I have drone on the highway, but it's more so due to the fact I had mine chopped before the axle.

Edit: Though I hear my KM2s more than the exhaust.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:39 PM   #43
Av8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Taylor
Av8er's Tacoma Gallery
Another one for the AT2525XL version. Just got it installed yesterday for $40. Sounds amazing for my needs. Didn't want alot of drone when commuting to work or too much noise when leaving the neighborhood at o'dark thirty in the morning, but as soon as I accelerate or really get on the pedal, it sounds good and loud when I need it to. Has just the deep rumble type sound I was looking for minus the rasp. Really pleased with it. Had the wife drive the truck by me a few times so I could hear both inside and out and again I love the AT for what I paid for it and for what I was looking for. Too each his own.........

Update....I've had it now for about 9 days and I have to say I really love the sound. I swear it's gotten slightly louder since first installation too. It sounds great at startup (I've literally gone out and started the truck just to hear it). Now that it's "broken in" a bit, it, compared with a k&n filter, sounds deeper and slightly louder than the first few days. Very pleased with this muffler on this truck.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:14 PM   #44
2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed

2chains's Tacoma Gallery
^^^how is the sound at start up? sound clips have mixed results...thanks
Old 07-22-2012, 07:34 AM   #46
2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed

2chains's Tacoma Gallery
didn't realize the AT on a 4 banger had such an impact, trying to decide on AT2525xl or Borla Pro XS muffler for my 4.0l
Old 07-22-2012, 07:39 AM   #47
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
i didn't think it would either but, its sounds absolutely nasty lol.

i went with the non resonated version mine has no rasp but i'm also all stock minus the snorkel and afe pro dry filter and the at muffler. mine is also routed straight out the back under my license plate.

either way i say go for it this muffler will have your truck making some great noises but, imo from what i have heard on the internet the xl resonated version might be the way to go on the v6
Old 07-22-2012, 08:26 AM   #48
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gus
TacomaGus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2chains View Post
didn't realize the AT on a 4 banger had such an impact, trying to decide on AT2525xl or Borla Pro XS muffler for my 4.0l
if you plan on removing any cats in the future aka headers or y pipe, then just get the XL version to reduce the rasp. If not then get the standard, absolutely loved mine before the headers, now i'm putting in a resonator tho cuz its too much
Old 07-22-2012, 08:42 AM   #49
brny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Bill
brny67's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd
Old 07-23-2012, 05:12 AM   #50

2chains's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt man hans View Post
i didn't think it would either but, its sounds absolutely nasty lol.

i went with the non resonated version mine has no rasp but i'm also all stock minus the snorkel and afe pro dry filter and the at muffler. mine is also routed straight out the back under my license plate.

either way i say go for it this muffler will have your truck making some great noises but, imo from what i have heard on the internet the xl resonated version might be the way to go on the v6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaGus View Post
if you plan on removing any cats in the future aka headers or y pipe, then just get the XL version to reduce the rasp. If not then get the standard, absolutely loved mine before the headers, now i'm putting in a resonator tho cuz its too much
Lots of positive feedback on this muffler, thanks, no plans to remove cats, just run stock with K&N intake
Old 07-23-2012, 07:09 AM   #51
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gus
TacomaGus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2chains View Post
Lots of positive feedback on this muffler, thanks, no plans to remove cats, just run stock with K&N intake
just get the regular one then if you like it loud. Also I love your name hahaha
Old 07-29-2012, 12:59 AM   #52
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
i posted up a couple short videos in hd in the sound compilation thread so you guys can hear how it sounds on a 2.7 liter.

its unique to say the least, imo it kind of sounds like a small power boat if that makes sense no drone and on the highway its not as load as the flowmaster 40 series i had. that part surprised me cause this muffler is a little louder everywhere the the fm so that was a nice surprise. i'll take some more videos and do a drive by as well for you guys.

i don't plan on changing anything else on the exhaust system so the non resi version worked out great for me.

thanks gus for all the great videos and advice the at really is a great sounding muffler.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:17 AM   #53
Its tha Southern Way
LBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chris
LBFD2005's Tacoma Gallery
is anyone running duals on the at?
Old 07-31-2012, 07:51 AM   #55
Its tha Southern Way
LBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chris
LBFD2005's Tacoma Gallery
so he ran 2 at's? could you come off the at with an x pipe into duals?