Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

What Exhaust To Run-

Old 07-05-2012, 08:51 PM   #1
xsptaco07 has a spectacular aura aboutxsptaco07 has a spectacular aura aboutxsptaco07 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Jordan
xsptaco07's Tacoma Gallery
What Exhaust To Run-

My truck came with the single cat back Borla exhaust. Im happy with it, but lets just say if i were to buy an exhaust its not what i would have gone with it. Since I do already have it, what would yall suggest I do? I dont wanna turn it into a rice burner. I dont really want to spend over 100$ on the exhaust either. (like muffler, paint, tip, ect)

Today I was installing my new lift. As I was looking at the exhaust I realized something. You can disconnect it right after the muffler! So I did. The entire exhaust is rusted. Im thinking about just doing a turn down right after the muffler. Should I remove it, clean it up, and put it back? Should I spray paint it black? Turn down?

Im curious as to what everyone is running. Please post what you have and suggestions.
Attached Thumbnails
What Exhaust To Run--img_5262.jpg  
Old 07-05-2012, 08:57 PM   #2
Super Mod!
BlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
BlueTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
Nice magna flow muffler just cut the borla out and replace. But That is a very popular exhaust system I wouldn't recommend getting rid of it..
Old 07-05-2012, 09:00 PM   #3
Derp
Derpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Derpy Derek's Tacoma Gallery
I like my Aero Turbine 2525, but it seems to be above what you want to spend.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:01 PM   #4
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
what don't you like about the borla? fyi it will never sound like a v8
Old 07-05-2012, 09:50 PM   #6
xsptaco07 has a spectacular aura aboutxsptaco07 has a spectacular aura aboutxsptaco07 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derpy Derek View Post
I like my Aero Turbine 2525, but it seems to be above what you want to spend.
how much did it run you? Prices online seem to be a little over 100 bucks. I wouldnt mind spending the money if i know its worth it!
Old 07-05-2012, 10:21 PM   #7
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
haha yea, there are louder exhausts out there, but do some research on youtube. some of them are loud, but not very nice sounding.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:24 PM   #8
SSS
oneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: SSS
oneBIGroom's Tacoma Gallery
Flowmaster Super44.. Loud and deep, $62.50
Old 07-05-2012, 10:35 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by rab89 View Post
haha yea, there are louder exhausts out there, but do some research on youtube. some of them are loud, but not very nice sounding.
i drove my granddads 03 trd racing development sequoia today. It has dual Borla...Sounds so nice!!!!
Old 07-05-2012, 10:40 PM   #10
Derp
Derpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Derpy Derek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsptaco07 View Post
how much did it run you? Prices online seem to be a little over 100 bucks. I wouldnt mind spending the money if i know its worth it!
I believe it was 135 shipped. First time ever switching out a muffler, I personally love the sound of it.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:42 PM   #11
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
wicked flow!
Old 07-05-2012, 10:47 PM   #12
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneBIGroom View Post
Flowmaster Super44.. I'm 16 and want everyone to know it, $62.50
FIFY
Old 07-05-2012, 11:30 PM   #13
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxRome View Post
wicked flow!
x2
Old 07-06-2012, 12:09 AM   #14
SSS
oneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: SSS
oneBIGroom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo View Post
FIFY
Real talk.
Old 07-06-2012, 06:50 AM   #15
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
From the pic, it doesn't look like your exhaust is rusted. It looks like it is coated in cooked mud.

Borla exhausts are very nice. Unless the muffler has bad packing, then it would be worthy of replacing. If not, then just finishing up the outlet of the muffler would be a good choice. Make sure not to get mikd steel, if you don't want it to rust.