Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

URD short throw shifter

Old 07-11-2012, 05:26 PM   #1
BackwoodsBoy is a splendid one to beholdBackwoodsBoy is a splendid one to beholdBackwoodsBoy is a splendid one to beholdBackwoodsBoy is a splendid one to beholdBackwoodsBoy is a splendid one to beholdBackwoodsBoy is a splendid one to beholdBackwoodsBoy is a splendid one to behold
Name: Adam
BackwoodsBoy's Tacoma Gallery
URD short throw shifter

I was looking at buying a short throw shifter for my tacoma. Does anyone have any experience with the URD shifters? I would like a little insight on the product before I buy one. Does it really have improve the shifting? Are there any downfalls that you've experienced? Thanks in advance for the help
Old 07-11-2012, 05:29 PM   #2
TOYWERX Grill Sergeant
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackwoodsBoy View Post
I was looking at buying a short throw shifter for my tacoma. Does anyone have any experience with the URD shifters? I would like a little insight on the product before I buy one. Does it really have improve the shifting? Are there any downfalls that you've experienced? Thanks in advance for the help
There are a few threads on this topic already....
I've had one since the first month I got the truck.
Big improvement on shifting - no doubt.
Only drawback is that initially after the install reverse is difficult. Once you break it in though it is no big deal.
One of my favorite Mods to date
Old 07-11-2012, 05:32 PM   #3
BackwoodsBoy is a splendid one to beholdBackwoodsBoy is a splendid one to beholdBackwoodsBoy is a splendid one to beholdBackwoodsBoy is a splendid one to beholdBackwoodsBoy is a splendid one to beholdBackwoodsBoy is a splendid one to beholdBackwoodsBoy is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
There are a few threads on this topic already....
I've had one since the first month I got the truck.
Big improvement on shifting - no doubt.
Only drawback is that initially after the install reverse is difficult. Once you break it in though it is no big deal.
One of my favorite Mods to date
I guess i should have searched around before starting a new one. Thanks for the input
Old 07-11-2012, 05:35 PM   #4
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackwoodsBoy View Post
I guess i should have searched around before starting a new one. Thanks for the input

also, the member Coupe on here modifies shifters to make them more solid. after a while, the bushing in the shifter arm wears out and becomes sloppy even with the URD SS. i have both on my truck and it shifts way better than it did stock
Old 07-11-2012, 05:38 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrmathis View Post
also, the member Coupe on here modifies shifters to make them more solid. after a while, the bushing in the shifter arm wears out and becomes sloppy even with the URD SS. i have both on my truck and it shifts way better than it did stock
Thanks. I think im going to order it tonight and hopefully can have it installed over the weekend. My truck is going in on monday for some work so i wont have it for a week or so
Old 07-11-2012, 05:44 PM   #7
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
That's on my list....

honestly, i would have liked to see how it was before the URD SS. I installed the URD the first day i had my truck. in fact, i think i got the URD SS before i got the truck.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:48 PM   #9
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Favorite mod I've done to the truck thus far. Look in URD's vendor section you'll see a thread about the SS and find that everyone who installs it is quite enthused. No downfalls IMO, only a far superior feel to the shift. enjoy it

also, if you need help with install, I have pics in my gallery
Old 07-11-2012, 05:49 PM   #10
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/und...ifter-kit.html