Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

"Performance Injectors"

Old 07-14-2012, 11:32 PM   #1
jryan is on a distinguished road
jryan's Tacoma Gallery
"Performance Injectors"

Could someone tell me the fuel LBs/hr and pressure on standard set of injectors. Is there any available on the aftermarket at a higher rate?
Old 07-14-2012, 11:42 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Try RC engineering for higher flow injectors. There is also a 7th injector option from URD if you need more fuel. XRU would have more info on this.

http://www.urdusa.com/Fuel-Upgrades/...i5eeik1clcl0r5

http://rceng.com/

http://www.xr-underground.com/
Old 07-15-2012, 08:57 AM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Calling Mr. Torspd.
Old 07-15-2012, 03:16 PM   #4
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
I cannot remember exactly the size of the OEM injectors, on the 1GR. They Are around 330 ccm. If someone knows the exact size, please add. I am pretty sure that they are within the range of 31-35 lb/hr injectors.

To find the size of an injector, if it is classified as CCM, divide by 10.5. If LB/HR, multiply by 10.5.

Which engine do you have?

If you look on the page which whippersnapper posted for RC Engineering, you will find a great fuel/injector sizing calculator.

Our fuel pressure is static at ~43.5psi.

Depending on the quality of injectors you want, there are a large variety available. For Toyotas you need HIGH IMPEDANCE injectors.

I ran some from www.RCeng.com at one time.

I ran some from www.urdusa.com a little later.

Currently I run these:http://www.dezod.com/pd-injector-dyn...-injectors.cfm

^^^ Those are the best brand/style of injectors available to the public. That is not solely my opinion, but the consensus from tuners world wide.

Now, my next question is, what are your goals, and necessities?
Old 07-15-2012, 05:30 PM   #5
jryan's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info, i'm working on my '12 4.0 Ltr. What I'm looking at doing is increasing HP by adjusting the fuel supply and then Air/Fuel ratio with mapping tuner. Hope that this will give me approx. 20-30 BHP, and 30-50 FtLb torque. This way I can pull High Altitude, Alpine Loop and High Mountain Passes, some are 13,000 ft Elevation. Bythe the way I live in SW Colorado, 7500' El. Could anyone give more insight?
Old 07-15-2012, 05:50 PM   #7
jryan's Tacoma Gallery
At this time I'm open to suggestions, I looked at a couple off Brands, seems that you get what you pay for? I've looked at Uni-Chip, EDGE-not sure if this works with Toyota.
Old 07-15-2012, 06:31 PM   #9
jryan's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for your time. Just to let you know I'm just getting started
Old 07-15-2012, 06:31 PM   #10
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a link to get the gears turning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RX1xIvOWcNk

And a little more to go with the vid...

In the days of old with speed density tuning and even carburation, it was much more prevalent in areas on high elevation. There was no feed-back from sensors to maintain optimum fuel ratios.

Enter the MAF sensor, and WRAF sensors, which offer closed loop tuning (feed-back), and the ability due to changes in altitude, to maintain optimum fuel ratios.

Keeping closed loop tuning in mind, the "optimum" AFR, is 14.7 for gasoline while cruising and light throttle, but the tuning is still left to the factory unless you have your own device. So it can still be to "Their optimum". And trust, when a vehicle goes into Open Loop, it is a defined set of parameters which is a "best case scenario for all environments, tune. No matter low or high altitude.

So, all that in mind, if a person has the right know-how, and can tune with closed-loop and open-loop to make refinements over factory inefficiencies, as well with more efficient injectors(ones like Injector Dynamics which have a far superior atomization/spray pattern) then more power can be found, as well as more MPG.

The proper EMS, the proper tune on the EMS, and the proper injectors can give you both.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:06 PM   #11
jryan's Tacoma Gallery
In your earlier post you said that Toyota need "HIGH IMPEDANCE ". What OMHs should I be looking at or is it just Voltage? Also is there an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator, preferablly adjustable available and from whom?
Old 07-15-2012, 07:17 PM   #13
subwayaz is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Aircraft, Maint
subwayaz's Tacoma Gallery
Some neat info there thanks for sharing your knowledge