Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

N/A Power Gains - Dynos w/Mods

Old 07-26-2012, 08:52 AM   #41
ManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ManMan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
The headers show that they clearly do.

I need to start one for F/I here as well.
Sorta... That run looks really strange with how spiked it became, I'd really like to see another chart with short tubes but haven't found any. I'm still floored that short tubes give better low-end. The Taco is exact opposite to my previous autos. Short tubes were easy to install but gave high-rpm gains! Long tubes required welding and were a bitch but gave awesome low rpm torque

Yes you do! I'd like to end up s/c sometime and I'm curious which NA mods carry over best!
Old 07-26-2012, 09:44 AM   #42
kapolani is on a distinguished road
Navy: HM2 Hooyah 195!
kapolani's Tacoma Gallery
Called URD and spoke to gadget. Going to meet up some time next week to get a ride in his/their truck.

I'm going to go the full bolt-on route firt before going FI. I'm sure all the exhaust components will be able to be used once the supercharger is installed, but not sure if the CAI is reusable. It's been my experience that SC/Turbo kits use their own intake systems.

I'm sure gadget will set me straight once I take a trip up to URD.

Planning on getting a baseline dyno and one done after parts are installed so that I can contribute to this thread.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:22 AM   #43
MadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nick
MadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManMan View Post
I'm still floored that short tubes give better low-end. The Taco is exact opposite to my previous autos. Short tubes were easy to install but gave high-rpm gains! Long tubes required welding and were a bitch but gave awesome low rpm torque
I agree - Long tubes for low end, however don't forget the big difference here is that the shorts still have the cats, and the longs don't. Put cats on the long tubes and I'll bet they pick up some low end torque (and lose some high end). I haven't seen anyone running cats on the LT's though.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:32 AM   #44
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapolani View Post
Called URD and spoke to gadget. Going to meet up some time next week to get a ride in his/their truck.

I'm going to go the full bolt-on route firt before going FI. I'm sure all the exhaust components will be able to be used once the supercharger is installed, but not sure if the CAI is reusable. It's been my experience that SC/Turbo kits use their own intake systems.

Planning on getting a baseline dyno and one done after parts are installed so that I can contribute to this thread.
If you plan on hands down installing the URD MKIII kit, don't get an intake, as it won't work with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadToy View Post
I agree - Long tubes for low end, however don't forget the big difference here is that the shorts still have the cats, and the longs don't. Put cats on the long tubes and I'll bet they pick up some low end torque (and lose some high end). I haven't seen anyone running cats on the LT's though.

Mainly just those that still have the factory Y-pipe, with its cats, after the long tubes.
Old 07-26-2012, 01:15 PM   #45
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gus
TacomaGus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapolani View Post

ya Gadget will be able to hook you up man. I'd love to make a trip out to his shop some time in the fall so he could do a custom tune for me, and maybe give me a hook up on a fuel pump haha. Plus i'd just like to see the place
Old 08-17-2012, 08:40 AM   #47
MadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
MadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
Just did a new dyno run with Lucario Runner's 4Runner. He added a URD 4x4 y-pipe. Will post up the gains soon.
So no cats at all now, correct?
Old 08-17-2012, 04:23 PM   #54
Resident SUV racer
Lucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Lucario Runner's Tacoma Gallery
It could very well be peaking slightly before 3,500 rpm. It feels pretty good it the low end like if I'm going from a dig. Where the lastest mod, the URD Y pipe, shines is off course the top end where I spend alot of my time in be it on the track or passing someone, I haven't noticed any change at the low end of the powerband. All in all very good mod.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:51 PM   #55
TRD and Vette is on a distinguished road
TRD and Vette's Tacoma Gallery
I'll play

Old 08-17-2012, 05:19 PM   #56
MadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario Runner View Post
It could very well be peaking slightly before 3,500 rpm. It feels pretty good it the low end like if I'm going from a dig. Where the lastest mod, the URD Y pipe, shines is off course the top end where I spend alot of my time in be it on the track or passing someone, I haven't noticed any change at the low end of the powerband. All in all very good mod.
Just read your build thread - very impressive! You're running near the same times my stock Hemi Charger was running, which is probably near the same weight as the Runner and 350hp (280 to the wheels)!

Did you run the 1/4 with just the X-1 before the headers?
Old 08-17-2012, 06:14 PM   #57
Resident SUV racer
Lucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Lucario Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadToy View Post
Just read your build thread - very impressive! You're running near the same times my stock Hemi Charger was running, which is probably near the same weight as the Runner and 350hp (280 to the wheels)!

Did you run the 1/4 with just the X-1 before the headers?
Thank you very much! I have not ran the 1/4 in near stock trim. Im guess it would a 15 sec truck if it were so
Old 08-17-2012, 07:04 PM   #59
MadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario Runner View Post
Thank you very much! I have not ran the 1/4 in near stock trim. Im guess it would a 15 sec truck if it were so
Still impressive. Makes me think a UCON and some headers may be a good start till I'm ready for a S/C. I would just need to keep the cats, since I've already lost the two on the Y-pipe.