Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

N/A Power Gains - Dynos w/Mods

Old 08-17-2012, 09:15 PM   #61
TRD and Vette is on a distinguished road
TRD and Vette's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadToy View Post
How about one of the TRD, not the Vette.....
Thus the reason this is kind of a funny thread. TRd is meant to have good torque, haul stuff, and do well in the dirt and snow - unless I'm missing something.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:19 PM   #62
Resident SUV racer
Lucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Lucario Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD and Vette View Post
Thus the reason this is kind of a funny thread. TRd is meant to have good torque, haul stuff, and do well in the dirt and snow - unless I'm missing something.
Your missing a lot really. And remember its not how much power you have, its what you can do with it.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:19 PM   #63
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD and Vette View Post
I'll play
I appreciate your enthusiasm, but this thread is not for dynos of other non Toyota vehicles.

This is specifically for the Toyota trucks and their bolt-on performance parts. To show any improvements made over stock. That readers can have an idea of what their vehicles will gain with tested parts.

If you have something to share for your truck, please do. Otherwise, put anything non related in that proper thread location. Thank you sir.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:18 PM   #64
MMAN412 is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
MMAN412's Tacoma Gallery
so with the tacomas, guess i misread the charts. i'm only getting like 30hp??
Old 09-09-2012, 10:34 AM   #66
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMAN412 View Post
so with the tacomas, guess i misread the charts. i'm only getting like 30hp??
Taking Lucario Runner's latest dyno in example, his 1GR picked up approximately 26 whp and 30 wtq.

DTLT headers, AFe Intake,NST manifold spacer, URD Y-Pipe. and APR X-1 for tuning.

The first three components could be found here: www.urdusa.com

The tuning device cannot, however, the specific tuning device that fits you budget, can still be found there.

The manifold spacer can be found here: www.nonstoptuning.com
Old 09-09-2012, 10:35 AM   #67
Tor-nication
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Should be a sticky.

Best performance thread ever.....theres already plenty of lighting, and suspension stickies, yet very little true dyno proven facts anywhere on this site. Many thanks to Tor!
I second this motion. Need more dyno's from members as well.

Also, from this thread:http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/per...e-results.html

NTacomaR's 2012 with the new Airaid Intake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NtacomaR View Post
i yielded 9.63 HP and 11.27 TQ to be exact lol. the sound is amazing. more of the power comes around 3200-3600 rpm. but you can def feel the little extra power, nothing to crazy though.
I just wish he had a whole dyno sheet to see the full curve.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:55 PM   #69
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Found out that a shop in town will let me do 4 pulls on their dyno for $40 bucks... One of the guys even agreed to help me tune my Maf Cal (which isn't installed yet) as well. Curious to see what I can get. Dunno when I'll get it done though. Really busy lately
Old 10-10-2012, 02:16 PM   #73
Super Taco
mattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mattgecko's Tacoma Gallery
Having a little trouble under standing. What is the HP/tq gain for adding DT short headers?

Once I recover from the SC cost, I will get a dyno and post it.

My Mods: TRD CAI, Cat-back and S.C.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:32 PM   #75
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Since you are S/C I would just get the long tubes and the O2 simulator. I believe people can still pass smog with that combo. Not positive though since I don't have to worry about smog tests in Idaho.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:35 PM   #76
Super Taco
mattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mattgecko's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
Since you are S/C I would just get the long tubes and the O2 simulator. I believe people can still pass smog with that combo. Not positive though since I don't have to worry about smog tests in Idaho.
Im in Cali and the long tubes delete the cats so it will fail a visual smog inspection. Otherwise I would.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:30 PM   #78
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
Mrguy3391's dyno

Quote,"

Here is mine from a couple of years ago. I was just running a stock tune on the MAF Cal, DTLT headers, URD 3" exhaust, and my TRD CAI.

End quote.
Wow... Hitting 250 at the wheels while still NA!! I need to get me some headers and a CAI! haha
Old 01-31-2013, 11:03 AM   #79
Tor-nication
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
These 1GRs respond quite well to bolt-on mods. Even with the MAF Cal as well. Remember though that his chart was left in the "UNCORRECTED" CF ( Correction Factor). Which will show higher #'s that the SAE Correction Factor.

"STD" Correction Factor will show marginally higher than SAE.

When doing the dyno, always ask for SAE correction factor.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:24 AM   #80
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
Mrguy3391's dyno

Quote,"

Here is mine from a couple of years ago. I was just running a stock tune on the MAF Cal, DTLT headers, URD 3" exhaust, and my TRD CAI.

End quote.
THAT'S N/A???

Nice A/F ratios...