Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

N/A Power Gains - Dynos w/Mods

Old 02-04-2013, 07:17 AM   #83
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota06RR-XR View Post
Finally got a round to runnin a few pulls on a dyno pack at my buddies shop, we was able to run 2pulls each from 3rd to 5th, since he wasnt sure which one would be the right gear.

anyways now that I have a baseline, I sent Gadget my Maf cal so i can have a map loaded in, hopefully I have it back by saturday for another run,

hes have a MR2 meet so dyno runs are only 40, so anyone around San Jo want a run let me know.

4th gear run

3rd and 4th compare

Also my A/F was 11.4 at WOT, i only have a scangauge2 to read
Toyota06RR in '09 on a Dynapack
Old 02-07-2013, 05:28 AM   #84
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
Dwayn53

DTLT headers, Borla Cat-back, Injen CAI

Another nice graph! I have ebay intake, JBA DTLT headers, all cats removed and 14" Magnaflow, judging by these graphs I am putting down 200-210rwhp.

My truck really woke up after those mods. According to my butt dyno it picked up a good amount of power. I spend $700 on my performance mods, if I picked up 20RWHP thats $35 per 1rwhp which is not bad....
Old 05-31-2013, 07:36 AM   #86
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
My recent pulls. Stock engine, Stock '05 headers, stock 4x4 y pipe, and no catback.

SAE and STD corrections, so that the differences can be seen between the two.

The first run was in 3rd gear. Second run was in 4th. If you look to the top right, you can see the overall calculated gearing.

Let off in 4th gear due to wheel vibration. The right rear possibly needs to be balanced or recentered.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:17 AM   #87
Tor-nication
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a new dyno from Gadget and URD. Very impressive gains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget View Post
Test vehicle:

2008 XRunner 36,600 miles

Before run, completely stock

After run:

UCON-Flex EMS
URD Exhaust Cam Gears
URD 170 Thermostat
URD TCAI
URD Mk1 2x4 Y pipe
URD Mk2 Cat-Back
URD 70mm Throttle Valve Adapter
DTLT Headers
Coupe Deep Oil Pan

I think there was a good bit more left in it, but this is the stock calibration file.

Fuel used Shell 93 Octane. 4th gear used for all runs.

Peak gain 50.04 RWHP 35.90 RWTQ

Maximum Gain 56.16 RWHP 54.07 RWTQ

G
Old 06-17-2013, 06:17 PM   #91
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gus
TacomaGus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
Mrguy3391's dyno

Quote,"

Here is mine from a couple of years ago. I was just running a stock tune on the MAF Cal, DTLT headers, URD 3" exhaust, and my TRD CAI.

End quote.
thats awesome if i'm getting near those numbers with my 2.5" catback
Old 07-11-2013, 09:43 AM   #92
Tor-nication
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
From the thread that Tooter started in the 4 cylinder forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooter View Post
There is an abysmal lack of performance information on the trusty little 2.7, so I did some baseline dyno runs for an accurate comparison to any planned future mods. Here's a 4th gear run that the speed limiter cut off at 110mph. The rpms went high enough to be able to get an accurate torque curve from 1,500 rpm to it's peak at 3,200rpm.

We did 3rd gear runs just to be able to beat out the speed limiter enough to record peak horsepower.

The runs were done with a stock 2.7, an Injen intake...

...an LCEngineering header...

...no power steering, no air conditioning...

...stock ECU, no tuning, and Regular 87 octane pump gas.

Here are the URD bone stock baseline dyno runs.

The results:

Bone stock 2.7 URD baseline runs:

117 hp 139 ftlbs
119 hp 133 ftlbs

My stock 2.7 baseline results with Injen intake, LCE header, and stock exhaust:

145 hp 158 ftlbs

Net gain:

26 hp 19 ftlbs

I'm happy with the results from just a few simple bolt on mods.

I'll be doing more comparative dyno runs from here on out to log any future component changes, and will post them in this thread.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:55 AM   #93
Vassily28 is on a distinguished road
Vassily28's Tacoma Gallery
Results after mods

OK i've gone trough 3 dyno session in the last 2 weeks and the results are:

Sorry but i'll be back with the graph of the first 2 runs.

Tacoma 2011 4x4 V6 AT DC LB.

1st run :

Stock with DTLT, O2 sim, TRD catback, TRD 1st gen CAI with a AFE ProDryS
Results 216 RWHP and 251 lbs-pi.

2nd run :

Adding of TRD SC and ECU reflash. No other mods added.
Results 281 RWHP and 295 lbs-pi.

3rd run :

URD 2.8 stealth pulley + OEM FPR mod + URD MAF controller and 2 days of tuning with sangage LM-1, Open tune OT-1, R4 software, logworks3.
Results 298.2 RWHP 5500 rpm and 328.6 lbs-pi at 3700 rpm.

Edit: Graphs of first and second runs added. Torque curve of first run is a bit strange, second is better and the third one is OK. It's difficult with an automatic transmission to avoid a downshift when going WOT. We get used to it trough the different sessions and it's why the torque curve is getting better.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 3rd run.pdf (476.8 KB, 35 views)
File Type: pdf 1st&2nd runs.pdf (400.6 KB, 47 views)
Old 08-31-2013, 08:13 AM   #98
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadToy View Post
That dip at 3k is most likely your converter locking up.
Maybe I'm wrong here, but I didn't think the torque converter would lock up while under heavy throttle. I thought it was just for cruising basically.
Old 08-31-2013, 05:01 PM   #99
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
This is a dyno chart of the N/A low end torque gains from my 2 inch thick intake manifold spacer. This is a 2TR FE 2.7 4 cylinder engine. The first run was done with the engine floored at 1,400 rpm in 4th gear, and second run started at with the engine floored in 4th gear at 1,250 rpm. Even under these extreme conditions the engine did not knock at all, (I would certainly would have heard it because the hood was up and I was right next to the front of the truck filming the run with my camera. So the knock sensor must be doing its job by immediately retarding the ignition timing.

Both runs were done with just the bone stock ECU, no tuning, and regular 87 octane pump gas. Both runs were also done with an Injen intake, LCE header, and with the stock muffler and exhaust system.

They're 4th gear runs so the speed limiter cut the engine off at 4,800 rpm. Didn't really matter as I'm only interested in accurately recording the low end torque.

The spacer lowered the torque peak to 2,900 rpm and also fattened up the torque curve as compared to the stock intake without the spacer.

We did do one third gear run just to get a top end horsepower reading. It was the last dyno run of a very hot engine on a really hot day, but at least it's an indication that the spacer didn't give up any top end horsepower to get more bottom end torque.

Here's a video of the run...

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6ofUy8_-6Q[/yt]