LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

which exhaust to choose!?

Old 01-06-2009, 08:59 AM   #1
obsurfer1990 is an unknown quantity at this point
obsurfer1990's Tacoma Gallery
which exhaust to choose!?

which muffler do i choose out of flowmaster or magnaflow? i cant choose out of the 2 ....pleaseeee help
Old 01-06-2009, 09:30 AM   #3
LARGE Member
BLUVVV has a spectacular aura aboutBLUVVV has a spectacular aura aboutBLUVVV has a spectacular aura about

Name: Bryce
BLUVVV's Tacoma Gallery
flowmaster 40...it just gets better with time!
Old 01-06-2009, 09:33 AM   #4
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
depends on the sound u want, u want baffled go with flow, u want throaty go with magna
Old 01-06-2009, 09:52 AM   #6
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordon
SilverSeven's Tacoma Gallery
what is baffled??

I want throaty, but I hear magnaflow is cheap or something..

what would you consider the sound of the TRD exhaust?
Old 01-06-2009, 07:33 PM   #7
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
you want performance with your sound...go magnaflow......you want sound(awesome sound) more than anything.....go with flowmaster.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:31 AM   #9
bradu81 will become famous soon enoughbradu81 will become famous soon enough
bradu81's Tacoma Gallery
^
I thought that the magnaflow was quieter than the flowmaster...
Old 01-10-2009, 11:48 AM   #10
Toyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Toyota Truck's Tacoma Gallery
I got a magnaflow muffler installed on my truck thrusday and i love the sound the guy said it would have been louder if i got the Flowmaster 40 series but its alumnized so for $17 dollars more I got the SS straight flow magnaflow.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:21 PM   #11
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Exclamation One more thing:

Must consider future exh mods, ie Headers, Y-pipe, etc. The more free flowing you might want to make your exhaust in order to increase scavenging performance, will require a good freeflow muffler if you want to maintain a nice throaty growl...

Check out this page. His truck had the Flowmaster and second clips got the Magnaflow:

Flow master:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqYoP...layer_embedded

Magnaflow:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmN8-LBFWKw

Neither sounds like a V8, but I love that agrressive sound the magnaflow makes. Flowmaster sounds like a can. Plus there aluminized. Im more of an SS fanatic, Hope My Borla w/DTLT's will sound like that, just preference.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:26 AM   #12
5vzrider00 is on a distinguished road
5vzrider00's Tacoma Gallery
Replace stock muffler with y-pipe and 2 SLP loudmouth resonators!! It is the deepest, best sounding exhaust on a tacoma. I have personally had the flow 40 and it sounded great but this setup is much better!!!
Old 01-12-2009, 07:59 AM   #13
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradu81 View Post
^
I thought that the magnaflow was quieter than the flowmaster...
Depends on what you get.

The Flowmaster 40 series is louder than the 50 series which is louder than the 70, etc.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:04 PM   #15
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Dang I could have sworn there was a thread on taking off your stock exhaust and putting on an aftermarket one on here somewhere with pictures and directions! Anyone know where?
Old 01-26-2009, 07:05 PM   #16
Moose
MooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: USS John Paul Jones; Gas Turbine Technician Electrical 2nd Class (SW)
MooseTX82's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
you want performance with your sound...go magnaflow......you want sound(awesome sound) more than anything.....go with flowmaster.
Pretty much

I got the Magnaflow...No complaints here...love it.
Old 01-31-2009, 03:18 PM   #17
atvking is on a distinguished road

atvking's Tacoma Gallery
After Market Exhaust

I was planning on putting a flowmaster on my 2008 taco.The muffler installer talked me into a Thrush muffler. They said it had the same baffle design as the flowmaster. I had so much noise and resonance inside the cab I couldn't hear the stereo, or anything else for that matter ! The hum was terrible. I took it back. They installed a turbo muffler instead. It's much quieter in the cab,but I lost that deep throaty sound I was looking for.They said the flowmasters would do the same thing. They said it would be loud in the cab on Toyota pickups. I have owned several other trucks(other than a Taco) and never had this problem.Has anyone else had this issue? any suggestions?
Old 01-31-2009, 03:57 PM   #18
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed the Flowmaster 50 series on my truck and there is a little bit of noise in the cab but it's not bad at all. Has that nice deep sound to it as well!!
Old 04-09-2010, 04:41 PM   #19
moledigger is on a distinguished road
Name: Rick
moledigger's Tacoma Gallery
????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5vzrider00 View Post
Replace stock muffler with y-pipe and 2 SLP loudmouth resonators!! It is the deepest, best sounding exhaust on a tacoma. I have personally had the flow 40 and it sounded great but this setup is much better!!!

Loudmouth, or loudmouth 2???
Old 04-09-2010, 05:22 PM   #20
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
I had a flowmaster and hated it. I had a magnaflow and wasn't too impressed.

I'm partial for the AeroTurbine 2525XL muffler myself.