Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Resonator Suggestion

Old 07-19-2012, 02:16 PM   #1
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gus
TacomaGus's Tacoma Gallery
Resonator Suggestion

Just put on a set of JBA Long tubes on monday and I'm loving the power! However I've got the dreaded rasp since their paired with my aero 2525. The rasp is really only bad upon cold starts, and its really annoying, but once it warms up, I really like the sound.

My questions are A. will the cold start rasp eventually subside? Because it seems like the rasp is dying down after less and less run time over the past couple of days.

and B. if i will also have the cold start/ weather rasp, then what resonator do you guys recommend? I really like the tone of the aero at low rpms and I also prefer it loud, and I really LOVE the sound and it has now at idle so I'd prefer not to lose that. Just keep the low idle rumble and volume at wot without the rasp
Old 07-19-2012, 02:23 PM   #2
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Look up Vibrant Resonators and get one installed in line before the Muffler, should eliminate most of your rasp. If that's not enough swap out the 2525 for a 2525XL (Resonated muffler), that should guarantee to negate almost all rasp from your truck

Here's the Part you want

1793 - 18" Resonator (2.5" IN/OUT) or you can get the larger OD Resonator 17930
Old 07-19-2012, 02:26 PM   #3
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck911 View Post
Look up Vibrant Resonators and get one installed in line before the Muffler, should eliminate most of your rasp. If that's not enough swap out the 2525 for a 2525XL (Resonated muffler), that should guarantee to negate almost all rasp from your truck
ya i know a lot of people run the vibrant resonators, I'll look into one, thanks man. I just have no experience with any sort of resonator, and don't want to lose any volume or rumble, just rasp.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:28 PM   #4
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaGus View Post
ya i know a lot of people run the vibrant resonators, I'll look into one, thanks man. I just have no experience with any sort of resonator, and don't want to lose any volume or rumble, just rasp.
Shouldn't change the noise to much, slightly, but it's too be expected when putting in a resonator. It's a compromise to eliminate the rasp.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:08 PM   #5

just ordered a vibrant resonator as per the suggestion. Went with the smallest one I could find (2.5" in/out, 4" tube and only 12 inches long) with the thought that the shorter the length the more volume it will have, like it is with mufflers...
Old 07-19-2012, 11:29 PM   #6
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
nice dude it seems like you have sampled almost every muffler worth bolting onto our trucks lol. i took your advice and went with an aero and i'm pleased as punch with it i'm all stock save for the afe pro dry filter and snorkel then the muffler 2525 non res. sounds beastly on my 4 banger actually surprised me. i was not expecting that muffler to sound as aggressive as the flowmaster it was replacing.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:49 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt man hans View Post
nice dude it seems like you have sampled almost every muffler worth bolting onto our trucks lol. i took your advice and went with an aero and i'm pleased as punch with it i'm all stock save for the afe pro dry filter and snorkel then the muffler 2525 non res. sounds beastly on my 4 banger actually surprised me. i was not expecting that muffler to sound as aggressive as the flowmaster it was replacing.
ya its def the best sound out there with all your cats still on. It still sounds amazing now 2k RPM and lower but after that its just too much.That rumble is still there at the higher RPMS but the buzzing is too much to handle lol. Hopefully this small resonator will help me keep that aero sound mostly
Old 07-23-2012, 12:33 PM   #8
Banned
06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06SR5canada's Tacoma Gallery
Exactly what I want to do!!! I want long tubes!!!!
Old 07-23-2012, 02:09 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06SR5canada View Post
Exactly what I want to do!!! I want long tubes!!!!
You don't notice the low end power lost, but the powe above 2k rpm is def there! I just haven't been really able to enjoy them cuz of the damn rasp, but resonator is supposed to come in tomorrow in be on wednesday or Thursday so well see. I just hope I still won't have a ton of rasp with the smalles resonator, but I love the rumble
Old 08-26-2012, 06:12 PM   #10
DOUBLEJTACOMA is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeremy
DOUBLEJTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaGus View Post
You don't notice the low end power lost, but the powe above 2k rpm is def there! I just haven't been really able to enjoy them cuz of the damn rasp, but resonator is supposed to come in tomorrow in be on wednesday or Thursday so well see. I just hope I still won't have a ton of rasp with the smalles resonator, but I love the rumble
Any updates on this, Gus?
Old 08-27-2012, 12:43 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLEJTACOMA View Post
Any updates on this, Gus?
I put in the 12 inch vibrant resonator, and there is still some slight rasp on cold start, but it's awesome once it's warm! If you wanted to eliminate all rasp at all times, then the 18 inch may work better, or the ultra quiet version
Old 08-29-2012, 05:16 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
You ever get any drive-by video clips, TacomaGus?
Negative, and prob wouldn't be able to for a while. Back at school now and real busy...