Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

What Exhaust System should i get?

Old 07-25-2012, 03:37 PM   #1
RayRay is on a distinguished road
Name: Raymond
RayRay's Tacoma Gallery
What Exhaust System should i get?

Im looking to get a exhaust system. i have a 2012 dbc long box 4.0L. I need some ideas on which one i should get?
Old 07-25-2012, 03:38 PM   #2
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Stock!
Old 07-25-2012, 04:30 PM   #3
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gus
TacomaGus's Tacoma Gallery
aero turbine 2525 If plannin on staying with stock y pipe or headers, aero turbine 2525XL (resonated) if you plan on getting headers or removing cats in y pipe (or simply don't like it as loud). Its all subjective, but many agree on here they sound the best.

Check out youtube vids, memario has some great aero vids. I'll be posting a vid tomorrow of my headers, at2525, and resonator
Old 07-27-2012, 08:50 AM   #4
opy5656 is on a distinguished road

opy5656's Tacoma Gallery
I just put this system on my truck:
http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/sh...le=&orig=17432

I am very happy with it, perfect fit, and super easy to do. It took me 45 mins, 3 beers, and some socket wrenches. I have an access cab, and it comes with an extra piece if you have the double cab, or long bed. It has a very nice sound when driving, but when idling it is not very loud. I like that because less of a hard time with inspections here.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:08 AM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Get one that sounds like good which doesn't include Chokemaster.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:28 PM   #8
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Get one that sounds like good which doesn't include Chokemaster.
i second this. my flowmaster sounded ok at best it droned like mad on the highway and around town it was really bad plus the baffle inside broke loose in under 6 months of use :/

i found this out later as well but, they are also more restrictive due to the way they are designed internally. for what its worth everyone i have heard of that has bought a wicked flow, aero turbine or spin tech all love their mufflers. not only is the sound very aggressive but, they don't fall apart.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:35 PM   #9
tacohound is on a distinguished road

Name: Andy
tacohound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by opy5656 View Post

I am very happy with it, perfect fit, and super easy to do. It took me 45 mins, 3 beers, and some socket wrenches. I have an access cab, and it comes with an extra piece if you have the double cab, or long bed. It has a very nice sound when driving, but when idling it is not very loud. I like that because less of a hard time with inspections here.

I here ya on the MA inspections, despite what I have by my name I am from Belchertown, near UMASS amherst.

just looked at the aero turbine mufflers and im deff going to do this, i too have been wondering what to get.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:10 PM   #11
R1100Ron is on a distinguished road

Name: Ron
R1100Ron's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by opy5656 View Post

What he said. I just put one on my '07 TRD Off Road Access Cab tonight. Took about 1-1/2 hours. Sounds and looks GREAT!!
Old 08-04-2012, 12:04 AM   #13
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Go to You Tube, search, and get what ever wets your panties.