LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

exhaust question new to customization of 1st truck

Old 07-26-2012, 08:54 PM   #1
gjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud of

Air Force: 1st Recon Squadron
Name: Jerry
gjacobsjr's Tacoma Gallery
exhaust question new to customization of 1st truck

I have a 2012 taco and want to change the exhaust. I went to two different muffler shops and one said he would cut the y pipe to make a single out? And the other said he would leave it and do a 2.5 from the cat. Is 2.5 the wat to go or bigger? both around 400 for custom job. I also want the sound but not to loud in the cab. I need some help. I just bought the truck and am new to cusotomizing. i will post pictures of what i have dones so far.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:04 PM   #2
Road rage is a hobby
Oowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant future
EMS:
Name: Owen
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
2.5 is fine kind of curious on what you mean by singling out the y pipe?
Old 07-26-2012, 09:10 PM   #3
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
huh

it depends if you go to a larger diameter pipe you lose back pressure in these trucks when you lessen the back pressure you begin to rob yourself of low end power from my understanding. it will also be louder i would leave it at 2.5" for sound pick the right muffler the best sounding mufflers on tacomas are aero turbine and wicked flow imo pick your poison.

there is a whole thread of guys talking about the aero mufflers search it out. i recently switched out my turdmaster 40 series for one and it sounds excellent!
Old 07-27-2012, 08:37 AM   #4
gjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud of

Air Force: 1st Recon Squadron
Name: Jerry
gjacobsjr's Tacoma Gallery
im not sure if he was talking about cutting the y pipe and making a 2.5 vs 2.25 or making a single out. I want to say single out but that didnt make sense to me. the guy kept saying its 2.25 so i dont fricking know. I am new to this so i need my hand held threw through the process