Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Anyone running a Resonator:

Old 01-07-2009, 08:10 PM   #1
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Question Anyone running a Resonator:

Prefferably w/DTLT.

Been hearing lots of issues with the infamous Rasp. plus I am running the URD Y-pipe, so Im sure it will come to play.

Been researching the issue and seems some fixed with Magnaflow. But that fix was going from Flowmaster to Mag.

Mag. is a straight threw just like my Borla. Both reputable companies. So instead of switching mufflers, thinking of adding a Resonator between the Y-pipe and my borla.

Big question is which brand, and is longer better at ruducing noise???

The only conclusion I made is I want stainless, local shop told me they will weld on, plus weld all exhaust links at the band clamps, and add the O2 bung to my DT's for $60.

Just need advice before I buy...

Here are to ideas I have, not sure yet if second one will fit underneath:

http://vibrantperformance.com/catalo...54b2f540e44f81

http://vibrantperformance.com/catalo...54b2f540e44f81

Thanks...
Old 01-08-2009, 06:35 AM   #2
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lightbulb Bump:

Or better yet has any of the TW DTLT owners configure their exhaust to eliminate the raspy sound???
Old 01-08-2009, 10:37 AM   #3
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
ur best bet is to go to stock y-pipe or invest in the pipe bomb. or add an extra muffler like gadget did

EDIT: sorry just read u wanted stainless and the pipe bomb is not
Old 01-08-2009, 12:59 PM   #4
sonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nice

sonjay's Tacoma Gallery
You could get a muffler shop to build you a cross-over pipe for much cheaper then they charge for the pipe bomb.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:13 PM   #5
Enjoying my addiction

I got the Y pipe, rather live with rasp then give that up. Why would you say a muffler rather than a Resonator. I believe a 2nd muffler is a little to much and too heavy. Thats why I want a resonator, just want to know what brand is quality.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:52 PM   #6
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxspin72 View Post
I got the Y pipe, rather live with rasp then give that up. Why would you say a muffler rather than a Resonator. I believe a 2nd muffler is a little to much and too heavy. Thats why I want a resonator, just want to know what brand is quality.
2nd muffler will tone down the sound alot! check gadgets ride, such a sleeper is scary
Old 01-08-2009, 06:18 PM   #7
Enjoying my addiction

No room

Well, went under the truck this evening with a measuring tape, and cant even begin to thinks of where I would put a 2nd muffler, barely any room for a resonator. Probably why the Pipe Bomb came out,; best place to put resonators. Guess Gadget has more room on his 2WD XR.

So sorry to start a thread with out propper specs, but it looks like I will just have to run straight through with the Borla... Maybe I will be lucky, and no rasp will be present.

Anyways, thanks for the help...