View Poll Results: URD Maf Cal "Plug-n-Play"
I'm interested in a "Kit" 16 72.73%
I'm interested in just the info for $5 2 9.09%
Don't care about any of it. 3 13.64%
Mitt Romney For Pres! 3 13.64%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-28-2012, 07:47 PM   #1
she'll ride
nut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AC3 (Vet)
Name: Patrick
nut's Tacoma Gallery
URD Maf Cal "Plug-n-Play" 2012

KITS NOW FOR SALE

I am currently working on a semi plug-n-play setup for the URD Maf Cal. It wont be like what URD or anyone else sells (ecu extensions). I am currently talking to a manufacturer in Japan about the required pieces. My setup will require the user to remove the wire terminals from the plastic plugs and insert a pigtail that can be used to splice instead of the factory wires. Soldering will still be required from the Maf Cal to the pigtail. Once I make sure they can supply the correct pieces and shipping costs are verified, I should be able to start selling. All of this is for a 2012 and I am still in the works of finding out if this will work for 09+ applications. Communication has been slow with the supplier so please be patient. I WILL update this thread as it happens. The poll is to see if this is a project worth doing (selling a kit), or if you would rather just have the information for like $5 and doing everything yourself (just giving you part #'s and where to buy).

Possible kit contents:
All male/female pig tails required to install PCU
Pictures detailing each wire and where it goes
How to remove wires from the connector with pictures
where to buy removal tool (under $4)
All required shrink tubing
Soldering wick if requested when ordered

Update 8/21/12: Installed kit on my 2012. So far so good! Sending a kit to csjumper for fitment on older trucks. I AM taking orders now

Edit: Working with csjumper on a few things, hope to have a prototype installed on his truck in the next week or 2 (8/20-8/27)
Edit: Part numbers and locations won't be an option, too many people want to know where to buy and start acting as my competition

edit: this is an example of how the kit will work. you connect the male to the ecu female and shrink tube the connection.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:04 AM   #4
she'll ride
nut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by csjumper2003 View Post
I like the fact u ran with this idea. I want one of the first ones when you figure this out.
yeah i know we had talked about it. I still want to do what we talked about if i can get the parts at a good price. i'll keep you in the loop
Old 07-30-2012, 10:11 AM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Good luck with this. They didn't bother making a PNP harness for the 09 and up trucks for the MAF Cal. Price is up there for it too.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:02 PM   #7
she'll ride

nut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Good luck with this. They didn't bother making a PNP harness for the 09 and up trucks for the MAF Cal. Price is up there for it too.
well the reason they havent made it for the 09+ is because nobody can get the plugs to make the ecu extension harness. im bypassing all that and making it a little more work so to say. you have to remove the individual wires (5 i believe) and replace them with pig tails that you can tie into. my setup will NOT be for people who arent confident at soldering. yeah i know it's easy to you and me, but for some people it's scary i'm not doing anything somebody else couldnt do on their own, im just taking the work out of sourcing the pieces . most people dont even know what they are looking for let alone where to find it. im am doing this because i am confident in soldering and i want my PCU connected to my truck without tampering with the wiring. if other members feel the same, i'd like to help them out. i dont stand to make much profit, and will make sure my sources dont get leaked so someone else cant run over to xru or whatever and charge $150 for my work. i am a giver and know that if you do good things for people, they are more likely to help you out in the future, like when i need help with installing a lift etc.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:43 PM   #9
she'll ride

nut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junyaboi808 View Post
id be interested in picking up one of these pnp kits from you when you figure it all out. Good work man!
thanks, i will keep y'all posted. my first shipment is on its way from japan, fingers crossed
Old 08-08-2012, 10:40 PM   #12
santas212 is a glorious beacon of lightsantas212 is a glorious beacon of lightsantas212 is a glorious beacon of lightsantas212 is a glorious beacon of lightsantas212 is a glorious beacon of light

Navy: Strategic Sealift Officer
Name: Steve
santas212's Tacoma Gallery
I am looking into getting the URD TCAI, trying to do my research before laying down the ol' Visa.

I haven't had a chance to poke under the hood to look at the MAF yet, wont be home till tomorrow night, but, is it not on its own plug connector? and if it is, can we not just get the Male/Female ends attached on either end of a set of wires, to just make a super easy PNP jumper?
Old 08-09-2012, 06:25 AM   #14
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by santas212 View Post
I am looking into getting the URD TCAI, trying to do my research before laying down the ol' Visa.

I haven't had a chance to poke under the hood to look at the MAF yet, wont be home till tomorrow night, but, is it not on its own plug connector? and if it is, can we not just get the Male/Female ends attached on either end of a set of wires, to just make a super easy PNP jumper?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
It consists of......I think 4 wires to tap

And 1 to cut and intercept

The wires u need are across 3 pluge with multiple wires pinned into each connector ranging from 28 to 32 pins in each connector harness iirc.

Urd has yet to find the identical plugs toyota uses on 09+ tacomas I believe and therefore cannot make a simple 100% plug and play.

OP, hopefully has some kinda work around.....stay tuned, this looks promising.
Me thinks you two are talking two different things, santas is talking about the MAF sensor extension that is needed for the URD CAI, while wolf, and the OP, are talking about the ECU connections for the MAF Calibrator.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:57 AM   #15
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by santas212 View Post

Here you go. This link has the pics you are looking for.

http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/...ad.php?t=48668

This place might have the connectors you are looking for.

http://www.casperselectronics.com/st...hp?cPath=63_56
Old 08-09-2012, 03:49 PM   #16
she'll ride

nut's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah you are talking 2 different things, looks like Torspd and Wolfpack answered that for you.

My order still hasn't arrived
Old 08-13-2012, 12:55 PM   #17
she'll ride

nut's Tacoma Gallery
First shipment arrived today, will be verifying the fitment for 09+ in the next 2 weeks. If all works out, I'll have enough for about 5 kids at first. Not taking orders yet, will keep everyone updated.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:23 PM   #19
she'll ride

nut's Tacoma Gallery
Another Update: I am in the works of finding one last part to make it as close to plug-n-play as possible, if I can find it, the only soldering will be my wires, to the URD Maf Cal.

*Fingers crossed*
Old 08-14-2012, 09:14 AM   #20
she'll ride

nut's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty sure I just found/ordered the last part to make it plug and play, I will have to verify fitment when it comes in (seems to be about 3 weeks from order date) If it works, the only soldering will be from the PCU Maf Cal to MY KIT, the factor harness wires will plug into a terminal and just shrink tubed, example pictured