Turbos

Old 08-04-2012, 12:48 PM   #41
Hunter
huntman92 is on a distinguished road
Name: hunter
huntman92's Tacoma Gallery
sweet truck man.. I'm new also. honestly i didn't read that shit either lol
Old 08-05-2012, 07:34 AM   #42
03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Navy Veteran
Name: Zach
03is300ztk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
Dito! I have a idea though, based off of what my new turbo did on another vehicle. Note*** Only for reference***

Doing some proportionality math, a 3.2 litre E46 M3 engine made 605 whp @ 18psi. Assuming everything else is the same, that would mean that my 4.0 litre would hypothetically make 750 whp.

I am using that for reference in that I expect in a lowest output of 600 whp at 15 psi. Which is my current psi level. Should feel very nice. As 475 is how the truck should have come from the factory.
Gotta remember Tor that S54 motor is an inline 6 not a V. Somewhat can compare them but still gonna be apples and oranges.

Another question, you were eating through clutches werent you? What are you gonna use to hold those kind of numbers? Isn't your stage 3 maxed out right now?
Old 08-05-2012, 07:45 AM   #43
03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
not talking about illegal activity on an open forum should be common sense. The fact that it's written in the code of conduct of the site means you (should) have read it too.

And making a thread like this, where instead of "Oh sorry guys, I didn't know; But can I get some information on turbos and blowers?"
You chose
"RACE RACE RACE"

doesnt do shit

there's no question here.
Hey he never specified "illegal street racing" he just said "race" he could be talking drag, autocross, or any kind of Legal organized racing. Shouldn't be so quick to say he is wrong. Also if your gonna quote that, you need to go to EVERY thread talking about removing Catalytic convertors as well which is Illegal with no questions as for what reason behind it.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:15 AM   #44
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03is300ztk View Post
Hey he never specified "illegal street racing" he just said "race" he could be talking drag, autocross, or any kind of Legal organized racing. Shouldn't be so quick to say he is wrong. Also if your gonna quote that, you need to go to EVERY thread talking about removing Catalytic convertors as well which is Illegal with no questions as for what reason behind it.
Did you read his other thread?? Cause he was talking about a highway and another truck smoking him...That is illegal street racing.
Then he started this little gem.

And with that last bit-I would watch what you ask for....HID retrofits are illegal in a lot of places but you seem to know a lot about those.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:23 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Did you read his other thread?? Cause he was talking about a highway and another truck smoking him...That is illegal street racing.
Then he started this little gem.

And with that last bit-I would watch what you ask for....HID retrofits are illegal in a lot of places but you seem to know a lot about those.

No I did not read his other thread, did not see it sorry.

And depends where your at if Retrofits are illegal or not, what I stated was Illegal is Federal. But enough on that.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:32 AM   #46
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
No I did not read his other thread, did not see it sorry.

And depends where your at if Retrofits are illegal or not, what I stated was Illegal is Federal. But enough on that.
Which is why I said be careful what you ask for- the CoC doesn't state blanket illegal activities-It's specific about them racing/speeding and pirating media. (And I'm not sure the DOT would agree that HID modifications are legal...)

If you want us to crack down on blanket illegal activities - I'm sure we can but no one will enjoy it.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:36 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Which is why I said be careful what you ask for- the CoC doesn't state blanket illegal activities-It's specific about them racing/speeding and pirating media. (And I'm not sure the DOT would agree that HID modifications are legal...)

If you want us to crack down on blanket illegal activities - I'm sure we can but no one will enjoy it.

I will take that under advisement and will refrain in the future from doing your job. I apologize. not my place.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:00 AM   #48
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Dito! I have a idea though, based off of what my new turbo did on another vehicle. Note*** Only for reference***

Doing some proportionality math, a 3.2 litre E46 M3 engine made 605 whp @ 18psi.Assuming everything else is the same, that would mean that my 4.0 litre would hypothetically make 750 whp.

I am using that for reference in that I expect in a lowest output of 600 whp at 15 psi. Which is my current psi level. Should feel very nice. As 475 is how the truck should have come from the factory.
Quote:
Gotta remember Tor that S54 motor is an inline 6 not a V. Somewhat can compare them but still gonna be apples and oranges.

Another question, you were eating through clutches werent you? What are you gonna use to hold those kind of numbers? Isn't your stage 3 maxed out right now?
I clearly know that there are numerous and vast differences between the two engine types. Thus the highlighting of the words in my previous post. It is simply to give me a vague idea of a possible potential output.

Asside from that, the current turbos which they were installin on their M3 kits, which was the Precision 6766 which is also a larger turbo than the 6466 yet has a little lower output capacity, made less whp at the same psi as the 6466. If that interests anyone.

As for the clutch, the only clutch I ever "ate through" was the Competition Clutch Stage 4. Which is a 6 puck. So to more accurately answer that, No I was not eating though clutch. Not sure where you heard or got that idea? o_O

It used, unless recently changed (but due to the pricing point I highly doubt it), a factory re-badged pressure plate. Not near the claming force necessary to hold high HP.

That was also way back when I was still lifted and making around 400 whp/491 wtq.

When I started slipping, I upgraded to the Spec Stage 3+ clutch. That clutch has lasted the weight of being lifted, w/500+wtq, as well as beling lowered with 549wtq. That clutch has lasted very well and is still in great shape. I am however, at that power level, already over the stated torque rating for that clutch/pressure plate. It is rated for 545 engine torque.

http://specclutch.com/cars/Toyota/Tacoma/2006/Single

Damn good clutch.

I am going to again upgrade to a McLeod Racing Twin disk clutch when I start turning up the boost. It will be rated for 1000 hp.

http://www.mcleodracing.com/products/RXT+Twin+Disc.mcl

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Installing HIDs on ANY vehicle not offered from the manufacturer with an HID option is illegal across the entire U.S.

Drop in or retrofit projectors don't matter...still illegal.

Back to the normal broadcast.
Word.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:20 AM   #49

Quote:
Installing HIDs on ANY vehicle not offered from the manufacturer with an HID option is illegal across the entire U.S.

Drop in or retrofit projectors don't matter...still illegal.

Back to the normal broadcast.
As per what??? Most states make no reference to headlight changes, just height, some have min/max, others only have max.

Quote:
I clearly know that there are numerous and vast differences between the two engine types. Thus the highlighting of the words in my previous post. It is simply to give me a vague idea of a possible potential output.

Asside from that, the current turbos which they were installin on their M3 kits, which was the Precision 6766 which is also a larger turbo than the 6466 yet has a little lower output capacity, made less whp at the same psi as the 6466. If that interests anyone.

As for the clutch, the only clutch I ever "ate through" was the Competition Clutch Stage 4. Which is a 6 puck. So to more accurately answer that, No I was not eating though clutch. Not sure where you heard or got that idea? o_O

It used, unless recently changed (but due to the pricing point I highly doubt it), a factory re-badged pressure plate. Not near the claming force necessary to hold high HP.

That was also way back when I was still lifted and making around 400 whp/491 wtq.

When I started slipping, I upgraded to the Spec Stage 3+ clutch. That clutch has lasted the weight of being lifted, w/500+wtq, as well as beling lowered with 549wtq. That clutch has lasted very well and is still in great shape. I am however, at that power level, already over the stated torque rating for that clutch/pressure plate. It is rated for 545 engine torque.

http://specclutch.com/cars/Toyota/Tacoma/2006/Single

Damn good clutch.

I am going to again upgrade to a McLeod Racing Twin disk clutch when I start turning up the boost. It will be rated for 1000 hp.

http://www.mcleodracing.com/products/RXT+Twin+Disc.mcl

No, Tor, thats why I asked about the clutches, because its been awhile since i read through your build, I just thought i remembered you going through a couple of them I must have been thinking of something else. My bad man. No way meant to insult your knowlege by the comparison of the two.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:28 AM   #51

Quote:
All good my man. Confusion through text. Happens all the time. Especially with my GF. Lol

ahahaha too funny.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:29 AM   #52
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Haha.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:45 AM   #53

Quote:

Sema took this "News bulletin out of context. If you go here:http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/rules-regul...px?reg=571.108

Read through the S7.7 that "Sema" article quoted. They seem to not read the same, but hey thats just MO, but I think I would go with the DOT and not SEMA. But if you base rules/laws off what someone says, not the governing body more power to you. Maybe you should follow up next time before quoting a 3rd party article.

And if you read through, you can determine that it is ok to replace with HID lights as long as it meets the requirements listed in those subarticles.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:58 AM   #55
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Just read your local laws. HID that don't come stock on a vehicle are not legal no matter what. They look like crap anyway. It just turned into another ricer mod.
Old 08-05-2012, 03:44 PM   #58

Quote:
Turbo HIDs FTW! I am going to install a set of twins.

I cant wait for this!!! And while your there, run twins, with compound!!!!
Old 08-05-2012, 03:59 PM   #59

Try this on for size, Twin Turbo into S/C. My buddy snapped this yesterday at the ZMAX dragway in Charlotte NC