Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Turndown: Before or After Axle

View Poll Results: Turndown Tip Location???
Before the axle 23 42.59%
After the axle 25 46.30%
Doesn't really matter! 6 11.11%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2012, 01:10 AM   #41
wth is a junior member?
Vigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
Vigo's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like its pointnig directly at the axle. Maybe its just the pic?
Whered you take it, ESH?
Old 08-07-2012, 07:09 AM   #42
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
Looks like its pointnig directly at the axle. Maybe its just the pic?
Whered you take it, ESH?
It's just the picture

Naw not ESH. I'm in Utah for school so I did it up here.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:33 AM   #43
wth is a junior member?
Vigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
Vigo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMAN808 View Post
It's just the picture

Naw not ESH. I'm in Utah for school so I did it up here.
Oh, okay. Liking the magnaflow? I loved mine on my v8 jeep. Sounds smooth and deep, especially after the cat was removed. I had flowmasters on a mustang, never again. The baffling rusted out in less than two years.
And I just thought that it might have been done at ESH because of the straps in the hanger, they did mine like that for the mustang.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:37 AM   #44
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
Oh, okay. Liking the magnaflow? I loved mine on my v8 jeep. Sounds smooth and deep, especially after the cat was removed. I had flowmasters on a mustang, never again. The baffling rusted out in less than two years.
And I just thought that it might have been done at ESH because of the straps in the hanger, they did mine like that for the mustang.
Yea after day 1 I like it a lot. To be honest, I liked the sound of my Flowmaster as well. The only reason I switched because I thought it was hurting my truck more so I switched to the more straight-through design in the Magnaflow.

Yea interesting way my muffler guy went with. But I asked him to see if he could make a hanger to "cradle" it for more support and I guess this is what he came up with
Old 08-12-2012, 09:00 PM   #45
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Swapped the mufflers today

Went with the turn down tip before the axle. It sounds great. It's baby compared to the Flowmaster but still sounds good in the cab.

GHETTO hanger! I would be like; "Bitch do it right"!
Old 08-12-2012, 10:31 PM   #46
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05RedTaco View Post
not as ghetto as mine that broke off on a dirt road

fixed now.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:54 AM   #47
S)(AKALO)(AWAII

RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05RedTaco View Post

Well, I asked him to "cradle" it near the tip and he said
he didn't have a long enough hanger so this is what he
came up with I guess

It's holding strong but if it acts up, I'll have him fix it
Old 08-15-2012, 07:50 PM   #48
Shaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Shaggs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Well, I asked him to "cradle" it near the tip
QUOTE OF THE DAY!!!!