Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

2012 TRD Sport soon to have TRD Supercharger installed with mods. Dyno?????

Old 09-11-2012, 09:00 PM   #61
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
Damn, wish I was home in Vancouver, I need to install my fuel pump as well.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:06 PM   #62
jarhead0313 is on a distinguished road
Marines: 3rd LAR 0313
jarhead0313's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremachn1 View Post
Damn, wish I was home in Vancouver, I need to install my fuel pump as well.
when you get home i would be happy to come help you put yours in! When you get home?
Old 09-12-2012, 01:21 PM   #64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
If you guys need some assistance, PM me, and I can help a little, if you have to end up doing them by yourselves.
Thanks Tor,
Tank is almost empty now. Saturday it is with or without help. Nice to know u will be there for questions if I need ya.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:02 PM   #66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
It is my pleasure sir. Have you yet looked at the instructions? If not, you will need a Dremel, or other tool, to be able to cut through the plastic fuel "bowl" (which contains the fuel pump), in two small spots. For a band strap which holds the pump steady.
Yes read throught the destructions...bought a dremel at Costco last week. I have all tools and ready to go, just hope for a hand just in case I get stuck and for taking down the tank.
Old 09-16-2012, 02:19 AM   #67
Commanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really nice
Commanderwiggin's Tacoma Gallery
Bump for updates!
Old 09-17-2012, 07:03 PM   #68
Remster is on a distinguished road
Name: Remi
Remster's Tacoma Gallery
Price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhead0313 View Post
So like I said i had to have my wife help me put in the gas tube gaskets and thread the bolts, my hands were too big i didn't feel like taking more stuff off to get to them. I struggled for an hour to try to get the drivers side on finally i asked her for help and she had both sides in in like 10 min...thanks babe! I am still trying to figure all this posting pic with captions and all so its just a big jumble...but i think you get the idea. I ordered the URD tcai yesterday and it should go on this weekend. They the pulley and then of to unichip to get a custom tune. If I have any money left I will try to dyno after its all said and done to see what she can do.

Around how much did you pay for all that beautyness?? I would like to do something like that eventually. Did you get it on the dino..How much HP? right now i got my ultimate lift, Afe Air intake and Afe catback exaust.thx
Old 09-17-2012, 11:51 PM   #69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
Bump for updates!
Well all that have been following me through my updates of upgrades thanks for all your comments and help. This past weekend was pretty tramatic. As you know I had planned on putting in my fuel pump kit from URD. I asked for help from the NW thread and had a coulple guys that came out. Unfortately it all tuned into a really somber weekend. My neighbor and coworker came over that moring to lend a hand. She brought over her dog to play with my dog. So we left the two dogs in the house to pull my truck up on ramps getting ready for the guys to show up. 45 sec after we went into the garage i got a call from my wife(she was sleeping upstairs in our bedroom) she was screaming bloody murder. I ran in and my friend dog had one of my wifes cats its mouth. Long story short, the dog broke the cats back and created and internal hernia. (I know right, its just a cat) NO thats not the case. This was my wifes baby. She was my buddy. I never understood this untill I was introduced to them about 4 yrs ago. Needless to say we had to put her down. This was a rough past weekend. I am a guys guy, a jarhead, and not ashamed to say i loved that little furbal, and I miss that her.
I will get back on track with the upgrade and running the dynos soon. My kids have games all this weekend so I cant put it in till the 29th. I will post results as soon as I get them.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:42 AM   #70
WARR4NT is on a distinguished road
WARR4NT's Tacoma Gallery
That sucks...sorry about your cat man
Old 09-18-2012, 01:43 AM   #71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remster View Post
Around how much did you pay for all that beautyness?? I would like to do something like that eventually. Did you get it on the dino..How much HP? right now i got my ultimate lift, Afe Air intake and Afe catback exaust.thx
SC installed $4266 out the door(no sales tax in OR)(local dealership)
DTLT headers $584(URD)ARP Studs i think $100(URD)
SC pulley and tool $168(URD)
TCAI $289(URD)
TRD Cat back $361 some toy dealer in TX
Fuel pump upgrade $155(URD)
Unichip $530. I picked up local from them cause they are only a few miles from my house. It will cost $300 to have them tune it for me, I know that is steep but I don't want to mess with the ECU wires and they are the only ones that have plug n play for the 2012.
All said and done without a couple tools I have picked up along the way $6753. Way too much I know, but I love it! Once I am all tuned I will take it to the race way on my stock tires to see what she can do.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:19 PM   #73
Remster is on a distinguished road
Name: Remi
Remster's Tacoma Gallery
re:

Quote:
TCAI $289(URD)
Unichip $530. I picked up local from them cause they are only a few miles from my house. It will cost $300 to have them tune it for me, I know that is steep but I don't want to mess with the ECU wires and they are the only ones that have plug n play for the 2012.
All said and done without a couple tools I have picked up along the way $6753. Way too much I know, but I love it! Once I am all tuned I will take it to the race way on my stock tires to see what she can do.

Thx big guy i appreciate that...it gives me a good idea of what im looking for.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:55 PM   #74
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
TCAI $289(URD)
Let me stress to you. If you notice that the ARP studs are to tight to go in by hand, then take an 8mm x 1.25 tap. Fill the recesses of the tap with grease, and open up the holes on the head. I recently found that the holes on the '05+ are a much tighter tolerance than the '03-'04 heads. Not sure why. But they are.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:55 PM   #75
Beast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Beast Mode's Tacoma Gallery
jarhead, which dealer hooked you up on the S/C for $4200 installed? I've almost bought one off of eBay for $3700 with kit, but that price right there is tempting!!

PM me if you want.

Thanks man
Old 09-21-2012, 06:18 AM   #76
MagTac is on a distinguished road
MagTac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WARR4NT View Post
That sucks...sorry about your cat man
^^^This.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:10 AM   #77
MagTac is on a distinguished road
MagTac's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Interesting reading and great shots on this mod. If I did this in NY I would not rest easy as I'm sure someone would want it more than me and help themselves to it.

What are your plans for brake upgrade? Remember, given the increase in hp, stopping and tires should be a high priority.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:54 AM   #78
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry about your cat man! I feel bad for you, as Im a cat person..
I wouldve beat the shit out of that dog!!

Well I hope everything works out on the upgrades. GL
Old 09-22-2012, 05:43 PM   #79
Commanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really nice
Commanderwiggin's Tacoma Gallery
Bump!

Updates
Old 09-25-2012, 09:29 AM   #80
Tarpon24 is on a distinguished road

Name: Frankie
Tarpon24's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
TCAI $289(URD)
4200 installed that's awesome my dealership wants 4700 and the 800 to install