Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Poll: Stock intake with AFE Pro-Dry S Filter or AFE Stage 2 Intake with Pro-Dry S

View Poll Results: What intake route did you do or would you do?
Stock intake with AFE Pro-Dry S Filter 103 56.28%
AFE Stage 2 Cold Air Intake with Pro-Dry S Filter 80 43.72%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-19-2012, 03:45 PM   #21
srsnow is on a distinguished road
srsnow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregero View Post
oops I hit the wrong radio button lol. I've got the CAI.

Funny that this thread popped up; I'm looking for a replacement conical filter at the moment. Anybody got the part number by any chance?

EDIT: I think this one's it- measures up with what I have I think: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/AFE-21-90023/

PN: AFE-21-90023
Best thing to do is look at the part number on the filter or go to their web site and look up the kit you have it will have the replacment filters listed.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:39 PM   #23
jrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
jrdbrn's Tacoma Gallery
I got the aFe, but wish I had saved my money and gotten the Pro Dry.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:12 PM   #24
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Stock intake + napa gold filter, flow is insane, plus you can't beat paper filtering.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:03 AM   #25
taco2010trd is on a distinguished road
taco2010trd's Tacoma Gallery
Stock, anything else is just a waste of money.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:50 AM   #26
TacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SFS
Name: Nic
TacomaG26's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/pro...on-review.html I love mine
Old 07-29-2013, 08:29 AM   #27
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaG26 View Post
Are u still running it as a hot air intake?
Old 07-29-2013, 06:22 PM   #28
TacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
Are u still running it as a hot air intake?
What do you mean by Hot Air? the lid is on and this intake does run into the inner fender so it does pull cool air from there (but it will get warm as it goes through the box/tube as all intakes will)
Old 07-29-2013, 06:44 PM   #29
TheHansen is on a distinguished road

TheHansen's Tacoma Gallery
Previous setup
jba long tubes
aero turbine 2525 and aero turbine ar25 run to dual
afe pro dry drop in

I switched to a stage 2 si afe intake with pro dry filter.

As soon as i switched i noticed my scangauge was off by a little bit (usually very consistent). I gained approximately 1 mpg. I do not think i gained any power with the intake. It does make a lot of noise in the higher rpm though.

This past weekend, driving with 285/75r16 duratracs i averaged ~19 mpg driving on the highway at ~70 mph.

Two weeks ago driving on the stock sized dunlops i averaged ~23 mpg doing the same drive.

Take this info however you would like. All i know is when i read about mpg's on here, i seem to always be getting a little better than others with similar setups to me. I also have allpro front and rear bumpers, and sliders.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:38 PM   #30
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ok so just a update, I have had this on for around 5000 miles now, I have learned with my style of driving I get better MPG with the box cover off. My average is 18.4 MPG and im not to easy on it. Just a update hope it helps someone.
Quote:
What do you mean by Hot Air? the lid is on and this intake does run into the inner fender so it does pull cool air from there (but it will get warm as it goes through the box/tube as all intakes will)

I wasn't sure if u put the lid back on..... I've been running this intake for yrs and its a great design.

And trust me..... I beat the shit out of it..... I've got the exhaust and fender liners coated in rubber still.... Despite scrubbing.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:40 PM   #31
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco2010trd View Post
Stock, anything else is just a waste of money.
False and a wise tale
Old 07-29-2013, 07:53 PM   #32

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
False and a wise tale
.... Land of performance haters.

I used to post links to dynosheets proving that these trucks can be improved upon even while n/a. I took a break from that tho.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:55 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
I wasn't sure if u put the lid back on..... I've been running this intake for yrs and its a great design.

And trust me..... I beat the shit out of it..... I've got the exhaust and fender liners coated in rubber still.... Despite scrubbing.
Yea i leave it on with the little 2x4in ish front plug out.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:15 PM   #35
Drive it like a 4WD
Gabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Gabassman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xJuice View Post
I'm not sure how long I've been going between cleanings, just whenever it looks like it needs it

Switching back because I haven't noticed any benefit.
You've already paid for it so its done no need to keep buying paper filters. I knock the dirt out of mine every oil change and run water through it ever 2-3 oil changes.