LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Poll: Stock intake with AFE Pro-Dry S Filter or AFE Stage 2 Intake with Pro-Dry S

View Poll Results: What intake route did you do or would you do?
Stock intake with AFE Pro-Dry S Filter 100 56.18%
AFE Stage 2 Cold Air Intake with Pro-Dry S Filter 78 43.82%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-08-2012, 07:51 AM   #1
fkli222 is on a distinguished road

fkli222's Tacoma Gallery
Poll: Stock intake with AFE Pro-Dry S Filter or AFE Stage 2 Intake with Pro-Dry S

What did you do or would you do?
Old 08-08-2012, 07:54 AM   #2
Day Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Veteran
Name: Day Cowboy
Day Cowboy's Tacoma Gallery
Stock intake with AFE Pro Dry S
Old 08-08-2012, 08:01 AM   #3

fkli222's Tacoma Gallery
Does going stock with the drop in filter change the sound at all when at high RPMS?
Old 08-08-2012, 08:02 AM   #4
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fkli222 View Post
Does going stock with the drop in filter change the sound at all when at high RPMS?
No
Old 08-08-2012, 08:04 AM   #5
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
Currently have stock intake with AFE Pro-Dry S Filter. Probably going back to stock filters though after I finish off the cleaning solution I bought for it.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:06 AM   #6

fkli222's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xJuice View Post
Currently have stock intake with AFE Pro-Dry S Filter. Probably going back to stock filters though after I finish off the cleaning solution I bought for it.
How often do you have to clean the filter? Any reason you are switching back?
Old 08-08-2012, 08:13 AM   #7
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dennis
LUSETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xJuice View Post
Why do you need a cleaning solution? OP I clean mine with soap and water at every oil change. At about every 1000 miles I give it a quick knock out. The only real reason for this filter is the fact that it will last a long time and you don't need to keep replacing filters. I've had mine for 60,000 miles and happy with it.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:13 AM   #8
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fkli222 View Post
How often do you have to clean the filter? Any reason you are switching back?
I'm not sure how long I've been going between cleanings, just whenever it looks like it needs it

Switching back because I haven't noticed any benefit.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:15 AM   #9
My spoon is too Big!

xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUSETACO View Post
Why do you need a cleaning solution?
You don't NEED it. I just figured for a few bucks I'd get the proper stuff.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:19 AM   #10

fkli222's Tacoma Gallery
One of the reason I am considering getting a new intake is because when I put it in reverse, I get a rubbing noise by the fender wall. After doing some research, people say the stock intake vibrates or somethings may be loose. I had the URD intake before but sold it because I was moving and had to get my truck smogged. When replacing the old intake again, that noise started to occur.

Also I love the way intakes sound! :-) URD sounded so nice, but now I live on the east coast (as opposed to San Diego) where the weather is quite bad so having the filter in the front would be a bad idea.
Old 08-11-2012, 03:08 PM   #11
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Stock intake with a stock paper filter.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:21 PM   #12
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Where is the "That was easy" button?
Old 08-14-2012, 06:28 PM   #13
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
X2
Old 09-15-2012, 01:24 AM   #15
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nut View Post
URD FTMFWMF!
Old 09-15-2012, 04:44 AM   #16
Peewee1618 is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Peewee1618's Tacoma Gallery
I have an AFE Stage 2 with pro-dry s filter
Old 09-15-2012, 04:56 AM   #17
trdr6 has a brilliant futuretrdr6 has a brilliant futuretrdr6 has a brilliant futuretrdr6 has a brilliant futuretrdr6 has a brilliant futuretrdr6 has a brilliant futuretrdr6 has a brilliant futuretrdr6 has a brilliant futuretrdr6 has a brilliant futuretrdr6 has a brilliant futuretrdr6 has a brilliant future

Name: Clay
trdr6's Tacoma Gallery
I have the ace stage 2 with pro dry s filter. I like it. Can't say it does much except sound good. That's good enough for me.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:50 PM   #18
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post

or, if you want true filtration with minimal loss, go napa gold filters
Old 10-11-2012, 06:04 PM   #19
Jake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to behold

Army:
Name: Levi
Jake7's Tacoma Gallery
I ran the drop in AFE for awhile after I put on my supercharger but the stock box was too quiet. I like to hear my supercharger when I accelerate so I went with the Afe stage II. Now I can really hear it starting off but it's still quiet at cruising speeds.

Products Discussed in this Thread