Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Most Powerful naturally aspirated 6cyl

Old 08-08-2012, 06:36 PM   #41
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
just get 6.0 gears and make the truck super super light. If you are getting linked then you are out of 1450 class, so say hello to 1400 class and trucks with fully built V8s. Are you sure you will be doing 1450 or 1400 class? are you running leafs or links?
i meant 1400 typo im trying for 7200. which i believe is unlimited rear. stock front design and must have a 6 cyl....
Old 08-08-2012, 06:43 PM   #42
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
i meant 1400 typo im trying for 7200. which i believe is unlimited rear. stock front design and must have a 6 cyl....
7200 also limits wheel based to 85", which our Engage kits blow right through:
Quote:
Basic Rules:

Chassis:
- Stock frame must be retained and no material may be added or removed. Crossmembers are the exception.
- Wheelbase must be within 2 inches of stock configuration.
- Track width is limited to 78 inches.
Engine and Drivetrain:
- Engine is limited to 6 cylinders; displacement is limited to 4.5 liters.
- Engine must be located within 1 inch of stock mounting location.
- Transmission is open. Front differential must remain stock but may be strengthened.
- Rear axle assembly must use a standard automotive production housing and third member.
Suspension:
- Front suspension must retain the original stock concept (a-arms, i-beam, etc.).
- Shock may not protrude through the hood.
- Rear suspension is open.

BITD Rules (new for 2007):
- Engine is limited to 6 cylinders; displacement is open.
- Track width is limited to 85 inches.
- Vehicle must have fenders.
I could be wrong tho
Old 08-08-2012, 06:46 PM   #43
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 71burton View Post
Not all hoss. 91' was the first year of the turbo, 89' was the first year of the cummins.
Well uhh hoss, I think you've got your facts wrong.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:46 PM   #44
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
7200 also limits wheel based to 85", which our Engage kits blow right through:

I could be wrong tho
fuck me... lol

I need to order a rule book and read thru it more times. 1400 might be the only option with 4-link on our trucks other than open
Old 08-08-2012, 06:51 PM   #45
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Keep ignoring the Buicks....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1moB...yer_detailpage
Old 08-08-2012, 06:52 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steves104x4 View Post
Twin Turbo maybe the one turbo cancels out the other one? hehe
Old 08-08-2012, 07:21 PM   #47
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
fuck me... lol

I need to order a rule book and read thru it more times. 1400 might be the only option with 4-link on our trucks other than open
are you 4x4?

If not, get rid of the stock sub frame and go center mount but with a less than 85" track width. You get more travel but you stay narrow, thus, 7200 class legal
Old 08-08-2012, 07:29 PM   #48
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
You are allowed a sealed Ecoboost engine according to the 7200 rules. It makes 365 hp and 420 lb-ft stock.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:16 PM   #49

Quote:
are you 4x4?

If not, get rid of the stock sub frame and go center mount but with a less than 85" track width. You get more travel but you stay narrow, thus, 7200 class legal
I think center mount violates the rules hmm on the ecoboost
Old 08-08-2012, 08:18 PM   #50
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steves104x4 View Post
He said NA. The 3.8 Buick isn't NA.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:19 PM   #51

and if I was doing that much work doing center mount and new engine I would want to push the engine back as well seems like a waste of fab time if I decide to switch to 1400 down the road... or not worth losing the experience in 7200
Old 08-08-2012, 08:20 PM   #52
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePho? View Post
BMW CSL s54 put out 355 hp
LOVE the S54 omfg
Old 08-08-2012, 08:21 PM   #53
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Displacement is what you need. You will make more power with a V8.
I missed the 6 cylinder rule.

Maybe look at a Honda engine.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:54 AM   #54
06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
I think your best bet is to contact LCE for info and prices.

http://www.lceperformance.com/

The $5000 price cap for a Toyota V-6 race motor is pretty unrealistic unless you do all the work yourself or have someone to do it for next to nothing. Maybe a buddy who is a Toyota master tech?

Finally, you should probably spend money on fixing weak points on the truck rather than looking for more power. Going faster wont help you if your truck breaks and doesnt get across the finish line. Heidi Steele's Ranger had a close to stock V-6 and they still dominated. The truck was dialed and that is what won races.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:02 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06HAOLE View Post
I think your best bet is to contact LCE for info and prices.

http://www.lceperformance.com/

The $5000 price cap for a Toyota V-6 race motor is pretty unrealistic unless you do all the work yourself or have someone to do it for next to nothing. Maybe a buddy who is a Toyota master tech?

Finally, you should probably spend money on fixing weak points on the truck rather than looking for more power. Going faster wont help you if your truck breaks and doesnt get across the finish line. Heidi Steele's Ranger had a close to stock V-6 and they still dominated. The truck was dialed and that is what won races.
...truck is in the shop for all that right now... this is something i will look at doing in a year or 2 but i want to find out what to work towards doing. i need to learn to drive the truck first but the truck is being beefed up right now as we speak. solid motor and tranny mounts and engine cage + gusseting. not to mention a rear end rated to 600+HP to give me a good buffer.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:05 AM   #56

and thanks for the link this is what im looking for! i need to find the specs tho
Old 08-09-2012, 10:12 AM   #58

research has me to believe that they are getting 410-450 to the wheels with the $6500 model
Old 08-09-2012, 10:14 AM   #59
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Definitely solid mount that engine for racing, but i know certain race trucks that run stock mounts still
Old 08-09-2012, 10:15 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
Curious question, and possibly a Newb one when it comes to off-road racing, but is it normal to solid mount the engine and trans in that style of racing?
yes the constant hits and jolting around tears the mounts up real quick.