Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Who has TRD exhaust?

Old 08-22-2012, 02:55 PM   #21
Makin' it Hail
Kylsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedKylsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedKylsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedKylsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedKylsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedKylsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedKylsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedKylsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedKylsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedKylsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedKylsix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 89D EOD
Name: Rick
Kylsix's Tacoma Gallery
Cat back exhausts technically provide better gas mileage and more horse power. It's negligible at best, though.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:59 PM   #22
Back in the game!
Wile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
Wile's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chastain90 View Post
I asked my dealer about ordering a TRD exhaust system and he said that they didn't make them for double cab short beds? Is this this true? He said he would have to contact the people who made em to find out if he could get it.
I have a 2008 DCSB TRD Offroad with the TRD exhaust. That dealer is an idiot.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:30 AM   #23
MJ slasherADMIN is on a distinguished road
Name: MJ
MJ slasherADMIN's Tacoma Gallery
I have a TX Pro with Cat Back Exhaust. It sounds x10 better than my 2012 TRD Off Road, which I traded in for the TX Pro. The sound is much deeper, sounds awesome and isnt overkill. The Cat Back seems to add a little more power.
I like it, wouldnt go back to the stock exhaust. Cat back makes a big difference over stock, the sound is great.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:16 AM   #24
NoDak has a spectacular aura aboutNoDak has a spectacular aura about
Name: JR
NoDak's Tacoma Gallery
well trdparts4u has it for 390 and my dealer has it for 422, so not much a difference unless i have to pay shipping from trdparts4u. as far as installing it, since they threw in a soft cover for free, i will have it installed at the same time as that and the bug shield.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:36 AM   #25
chastain90 is on a distinguished road

Name: Zach
chastain90's Tacoma Gallery
Well all that is in the cat back exhaust is a muffler and tip right? Or do they replace the cat? If not i just figured i would buy a muffler
Old 08-23-2012, 11:52 AM   #26
Retired Senior NCO
sfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired U.S. Army Air Defender
Name: Dan
sfcadams's Tacoma Gallery
muffler and tip, no cat replaced
Old 08-23-2012, 02:20 PM   #27
NoDak has a spectacular aura aboutNoDak has a spectacular aura about
Name: JR
NoDak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chastain90 View Post
Well all that is in the cat back exhaust is a muffler and tip right? Or do they replace the cat? If not i just figured i would buy a muffler
yes but as someone has noted before, if you do only the muffler, its a hack job. if you do from the cat, its unbolt and bolt in, so you could go back to factory easily.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:37 PM   #28
Retired Senior NCO
sfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired U.S. Army Air Defender
Name: Dan
sfcadams's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
yes but as someone has noted before, if you do only the muffler, its a hack job. if you do from the cat, its unbolt and bolt in, so you could go back to factory easily.

Nobody said anything about replacing just the muffler would be a hack job...