Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Sprintbooster. Any reviews or experience?

Old 08-21-2012, 01:59 PM   #1
thomsom1 is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
thomsom1's Tacoma Gallery
Sprintbooster. Any reviews or experience?

Is there anyone out there with a Tacoma that has tried the product Sprintbooster? Get at me!
Old 08-21-2012, 02:55 PM   #3
You do like them? or you dont...
Old 08-21-2012, 02:59 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Gadget(Owner or URD I think. I do know that he knows his shit) says it's legit. People have said that it gives you full throttle when you push half way or so.

I wouldn't spend the money on it. I would buy a sports car.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:02 PM   #5
A friend of mine installed it on his Hyandai Genesis, and he loved it. All the reviews online are about BMWs but nothing on a Tacoma
Old 08-21-2012, 03:05 PM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I guess many BMW owners find it difficult to push the pedal to the floor.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:17 AM   #8
www.sprintbooster.com

It is a plug and play module that cuts out the delayed throttle response with drive-by-wire technology.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:18 AM   #9
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomsom1 View Post
www.sprintbooster.com

It is a plug and play module that cuts out the delayed throttle response with drive-by-wire technology.
Is there is throttle response race somwhere?
Old 08-22-2012, 09:36 AM   #10
Turbo Meister
Speed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Speed Freek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Is there is throttle response race somwhere?
No, but a lot of the drive by wire systems that I have driven ( the worst one was a new 6 series BMW) had the worst fking throttle lag on the planet, and it had a split second lag as well when releasing the throttle, almost ended in disaster since when I release the throttle I expect INSTANT release, not OK I will get to that in just a sec!.

I cant say I have really felt that in a Toyota, but I have felt some bad electric throttles that I absolutely hated. You will understand once you drive one that has bad delay....
Old 08-22-2012, 09:44 AM   #11
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Freek View Post
No, but a lot of the drive by wire systems that I have driven ( the worst one was a new 6 series BMW) had the worst fking throttle lag on the planet, and it had a split second lag as well when releasing the throttle, almost ended in disaster since when I release the throttle I expect INSTANT release, not OK I will get to that in just a sec!.

I cant say I have really felt that in a Toyota, but I have felt some bad electric throttles that I absolutely hated. You will understand once you drive one that has bad delay....
That sucks...on the race track.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:48 AM   #12
Speakerboy is on a distinguished road
Name: Jim
Speakerboy's Tacoma Gallery
It's more than just for a race track. A lot of the German cars have a lot of delay in the drive by wire system - to the
point where you have to change the way you drive. Its almost dangerous when you make a left across traffic, pulling out, etc. I don't think it's necessary on the Tacoma.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:04 AM   #13
Banned
You are so right. People will never adjust to the tiny change just like they didn't adjust to a hydraulic clutch. Everyone is going to die.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:46 AM   #14
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
They are basically to give you a linear pedal response, such as a cable driven throttle body, or more than linear response. Gives you the ability to remove the negative bow from actual throttle position compared to commanded throttle position.

Mine will have a linear response with my next tune, since the ProEFI will be controlling the throttle body. If i didn't have that control, I would do something like the Sprint booster, or the Blitz throttle accelerator as well.